I'm Glad Walmart Changed Their Uniforms

Reaction score
So Walmart recently changed their uniforms to a dark blue vest. The previous uniform was a blue polo shirt.
My daughter's school uniform is a blue polo shirt, so if I took her to Walmart after school to pick up groceries for dinner,
the shoppers would grab her arm, speak to her in a rude voice and demand service.
One time my daughter and I were in the Site to Store section waiting to pick something up.
After staring at my daughter for 15 minutes, another shopper said to her "Hey! I've been waiting here a while. When are you going to ring me up?!" She didn't even apologize when I told her that my daughter was just a school kid in a school uniform shirt.

Needless to say, I'm glad that Walmart uniforms no longer look like the kids' school uniforms because I'm sick of Walmart shoppers addressing my daughter like she's supposed to be serving them and jumping at their demands.
I feel bad that actual Walmart staff members have to deal with jerks like that.

Reaction score
Wow, no kidding....how rude are some people -__-. They shouldn't even be speaking to workers like that, much less people who just happen to be wearing something similar. I don't understand some peoples' seemingly constant need to be rude to *someone*. I understand being in a rush or having a lot going on but I'm never down right rude to people like that.

Reaction score
Gosh, it sounds like the people over there are so damn rude! Man, now that I think about it I've stumbled upon some rally mean people while shopping at Wallmart, I'm just a client, but I have seen how some people treat the people working there... Jesus, so glad I'm just a client, not sure how I'd deal with people like that without punching them on their ugly rude faces...

Reaction score
Wow, no kidding....how rude are some people -__-. They shouldn't even be speaking to workers like that, much less people who just happen to be wearing something similar. I don't understand some peoples' seemingly constant need to be rude to *someone*. I understand being in a rush or having a lot going on but I'm never down right rude to people like that.

Totally, Jessi! One of my biggest pet peeves are both rude people and ungrateful people! But I must admit the people I dislike the most are the rude ones, people who think they can be rude or practically abuse others verbally because said abusers think they can get away with that! Sadly they do most, if not all the time :( I personally have a lot respect for waiters and people working at places like Walmart, after all I was a waiter myself... customer service is the worst job someone could ever endure during this time.

Reaction score
That's the same thing as walking into target in a red polo and getting asked about products haha. I feel bad for your daughter but I'm glad she doesn't have to go through that anymore!

I gotta say though, it's been so long since I've been at Walmart I didn't even know they changed their uniform. Thanks for the update!

Reaction score
There aren't many Walmart stores in my area. I'm glad for your daughter than Walmart changed their uniforms. People can be very rude. It's not easy dealing with the public on a daily basis.

Reaction score
Good thing they changed the uniforms for your daughters sake. I don't have a Walmart near me but I remember that the customer service there is terrible. The customers can be quite rude too.

Reaction score
So Walmart recently changed their uniforms to a dark blue vest. The previous uniform was a blue polo shirt.
My daughter's school uniform is a blue polo shirt, so if I took her to Walmart after school to pick up groceries for dinner,
the shoppers would grab her arm, speak to her in a rude voice and demand service.
One time my daughter and I were in the Site to Store section waiting to pick something up.
After staring at my daughter for 15 minutes, another shopper said to her "Hey! I've been waiting here a while. When are you going to ring me up?!" She didn't even apologize when I told her that my daughter was just a school kid in a school uniform shirt.

Needless to say, I'm glad that Walmart uniforms no longer look like the kids' school uniforms because I'm sick of Walmart shoppers addressing my daughter like she's supposed to be serving them and jumping at their demands.
I feel bad that actual Walmart staff members have to deal with jerks like that.

Okay that is just crazy , even if your daughter did work at Walmart those customers were very rude. Just because someone works at a store does not mean you should not treat them with respect.

Reaction score
Okay that is just crazy , even if your daughter did work at Walmart those customers were very rude. Just because someone works at a store does not mean you should not treat them with respect.

That's true. Even if my daughter was a Walmart employee, the customers should not be grabbing her or demanding service. If she wanted to apply at that location, I would advise against it.

Reaction score
I think that it would be better if all stores where you can wear polos or t-shirts had the brand logo emblazoned on them so that mistakes like that don't happen. You would still run into similar issues at department stores like JC Penney or Kohl's though if you were dresses in business attire.

Reaction score
Ally, you know what is odd? The place were i live... well, if something like this ever happened and someone confused someone else for an employee of x store... things would never go down like this. I was once confused too, but the lady was so polite. My mom has done that too, by the way, she was super polite too!

Ask a Question