I'm looking for "unique" muffin recipes!

Reaction score
Does anyone have any unique muffin recipes? Im not looking to the traditional banana nut, blueberry, strawberry, chocolate chip, etc.. rather " unique". Earlier I saw a cranberry orange muffin recipe, and I am very curious about it. Looking for others to try out as well.

Reaction score
The cranberry orange ones sound pretty good, and I would say that anything orange would be good in a muffin. The first thing that came to my mind was trying to incorporate rhubarb somewhere in there, because it is just so delicious and tart. I do not have a recipe, but I would offer that as a good addition to consider.

Reaction score
Cranberry orange is my favorite for muffins. The flavor combination is so delicious. Definitely give those a try. You'll probably end up wanting more.

I never thought of making muffins with pears, @cupcakechef. Not so sure about the ginger part (for me), but yum. I think pears would be really nice, and it's definitely different.

How about White Chocolate and Apricot Muffins? Sounds good to me! :)

Reaction score
I got a new Nigella Lawson recipe book the other day and when I was flicking through I stumbled across a recipe for Baklava Muffins - I really want to give them a try sometime!

http://www.8ites.com/2011/03/baklava-muffins-recipe-by-nigella-lawson/

Oh, my. That just sounds sinful. Those are some decadent muffins right there. Very tempting and certainly unique.

I need to start coming up with more of my own unique recipe ideas. I think I'm thinking too tame, while other people are obviously just going for it.

Ask a Question