In Search Of: Chocolate molten lava cake recipe!

Reaction score
PLEASE tell me someone knows how to make this? I have heard its as simple as adding pudding in the middle, though I dont think thats right!

Reaction score
Molten cakes are originally small cakes baked at a high temperature so the outside bakes quickly, but leaves the center still liquid.....so when you cut into it, it leaks "liquid chocolate".

Nowadays most restaurants have their own special recipes for molten cakes.

Some recipes even call for pudding in the middle, or a wad of chocolate, or something gooey that will melt when the cake is baked.

If you need a recipe, I think other people have asked for this before. There should be several recipes on this site....you might try searching the forums.

Reaction score
Anytime I picture something erupting out of a cake, I think I just get that much more excited for some dessert. It is not anything that I can say I have had a lot, but the more I could find out where to get it the better. It does make me wonder the possibilities with what they could have flowing out.

Ask a Question