Incredible earth structure layer cake!

Reaction score
How absolutely amazing is this cake?!

earth cake.jpg

I would love to have the amount of skill required to do this! I'd love to give it a go, but there is no way that my decoration would be anywhere near as amazing as this.

Full details including photos and how it was made here: Baking Adventures Blog

Anyone here tried anything similar - ie baking a cake in a cake?

Reaction score
That is a really cool cake! Unfortunately, I do not have that kind of talent. My attempt to make a cake like that would end up looking like Armageddon or the Apocalypse. LOL :p

Reaction score
That is amazing...

I'm afraid if I tried that kind of project, I'd end up with a horribly cratered, rock-hard Moon instead of a lovely planet Earth. I wonder how she kept the layers from drying out?

Reaction score
I'm not sure! The middle layer seems to be a little squashed, not sure how you could stop that from happening though.

Reaction score
Wow. Extremely creative. I'm very bad at getting the baked goods looking that beautiful! My goal is to get things to taste great, then work on the look.

Reaction score
Oh wow! This is incredible! Yes, I agree to have the skill and creativity to do this would be awesome. This would be great for a kid's project and they would love helping to make it too!

Reaction score
Wow, I love that you can see the molten magma, and the earth's crust and the mantle and all that crap they taught us in science class.
If you wanted to get really crazy complicated, you could make little landmarks, like a tiny Eiffel tower and put them on the appropriate continents.
I don't think I could make a cake this gorgeous, this is next-level stuff.

Ask a Question