Is it possible to bake cookies in a microwave?

Reaction score
I've always wondered about this and I would like to know (just for the sake of it) if you can make cookies in the microwave. And if so, do they taste as good as the ones made in the oven or not?

Reaction score
It's something I've never tried personally - I was a bit worried at the thought initially, since I didn't know consistency wise how they'd turn out. I had a quick look online and there seem to be a bunch of recipes for them - I'm curious though as to what they'd be like. Occasionally I make mug cakes in the microwave, but to me they never taste as good as an actual full oven baked cake -- so I wonder if the cookies would be the same....

Reaction score
Eh, I would also like to have an accurate answer on this as well. I will admit, I have tried three different microwavable cookie recipes. Each and every one of those recipes, have failed. They either turned out as hard as hockey pucks, or as gooey as warmed cookie dough!

Reaction score
Eh, I would also like to have an accurate answer on this as well. I will admit, I have tried three different microwavable cookie recipes. Each and every one of those recipes, have failed. They either turned out as hard as hockey pucks, or as gooey as warmed cookie dough!

That's exactly the thought I had, that consistency would just be way off! I like soft cookies, but TOO gooey is all kinds of wrong!

Reaction score
Well I do not have experience here, but I want to say that this is for a reason. Even if it were possible, I would say you are going to want to avoid this at all costs. Cookies are not really the thing that you need to have or need to make quick though, so I would hope that finding an oven is not something that is out of the question.

Reaction score
I understand what you mean about it not being the best possible choice for making cookies. Someone else also told me that the microwave 'kills' most of the nutrients from food, and I guess this applies to baking as well. I'll be sticking to the oven from now on.

Reaction score
From my experience, the microwave is for tenderizing and not for anything that needs to be crunchy. Take for example the bread in the toaster oven which is brown and crunchy. But if you would heat the bread in the microwave, it will be soft and limp. Now if that would be a dough of cookies, it can be expected to have soft cookies for the output because the heat of the microwave is far different from the heat of the oven toaster. But I have no actual experience on this, just using my observation as basis.

Reaction score
I think you may be right there. At least your reasoning makes sense to me. I have never tried it either, but I can see how the cookies might turn out that way.

Ask a Question