Is there a such thing as like a cappuccino cake?

Reaction score
I have recently started drinking lots of french vanilla cappuccinos and it got me wondering what else could be done with them... What does a coffee cake taste like? Do they have cappuccino cookies?? Do they have any kind of baked good that tastes like cappuccinos? :) I look forward to hearing your answers so that I can eat my new coffee love!

Reaction score
I love coffee and cappuccinos too! I have never made a coffee-flavored cake, but I have made a super easy coffee frosting that is delicious and goes with anything! Here it is:

1/4 cup MAXWELL HOUSE INTERNATIONAL (French Vanilla, Mocha... there are a ton of flavors to pick)
3 Tbsp. hot milk
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
1 pkg. (16 oz.) powdered sugar (about 4 cups)

french vanilla.jpg

-Dissolve instant coffee in hot milk.
-Beat butter in a separate bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until creamy. Gradually add sugar, beating on low speed after each addition until well blended. Add coffee mixture; mix well.
-I put the frosting mix in the fridge for about an hour, then spread it on to your heart's content. I've had it on cake, cookies and brownies. All delicious!

The coffee mix is a powder, so I'm sure you could experiment and mix it in with cake or cookie batter and see how it turns out! Have fun!

Reaction score
I just love coffee! I could drink it all the time. I have a recipe for a super easy (and Delicious!) Cappuccino cake:

Ingredients:
  • 250g pack butter, softened
  • 250g light soft brown sugar plus 2-3 tbsp
  • 300g self-raising flour
  • 4 eggs, beaten
  • 50g walnuts, toasted and finely chopped (a food processor is easiest), optional
  • 200ml very strong coffee (made fresh or with instant), cooled
Frosting:
  • 500g tub mascarpone
  • 2 tbsp light soft brown sugar
  • cocoa powder or drinking chocolate to decorate
How to make it:
  • Heat oven to 180C/fan 160C/gas 4. Butter 2 x 20cm sandwich tins and line the bottoms with greaseproof paper. Beat butter and sugar together with electric beaters until pale and creamy. Add the flour and eggs in one go and keep beating until evenly mixed. Fold in the walnuts (if using) and half of the coffee. Spoon the mix into the prepared tins and bake for 25-30 mins or until golden and well risen.
  • Leave the cakes in their tins for 5 mins before turning onto a wire rack. Sweeten the remaining coffee with the extra sugar and sprinkle 4 tbsp over the sponges. Leave to cool completely.
  • While the cakes cool, make the frosting. Tip the mascarpone into a large bowl and beat in the sugar and remaining coffee until smooth and creamy. Use about half of the frosting to sandwich the sponges together then, using a palette or cutlery knife, spread the rest of the frosting over the top of the cake. Decorate with a dusting of cocoa powder or drinking chocolate. If you’re making this cake to eat at home, it will keep covered in the fridge for 2-3 days.
This recipe is not mine, I have it saved on my computer along with many others. I don't want to take any credit! If anyone knows the author please tell me.

This cake is delicious, I've also made it with just butter + sugar and some more coffee for the frosting and it was also very nice, but I stil think that this version with mascarpone is better. It just adds a very nice sour taste to the coffee cake. But if you would like to try the other version just make the frosting with 175g soft butter, 350g icing sugar and 4 level tsp instant coffee, dissolved in 1 tbsp boiling water. You can just slice both the sponges into halves, and put the icing in the middle, this way the cake will be more moist.

Hope you'll like it!

Reaction score
I just love coffee! I could drink it all the time. I have a recipe for a super easy (and Delicious!) Cappuccino cake:

Ingredients:
  • 4 eggs, beaten
  • 50g walnuts, toasted and finely chopped (a food processor is easiest), optional
Frosting:
  • 500g tub mascarpone
How to make it:
  • Heat oven to 180C/fan 160C/gas 4. Butter 2 x 20cm sandwich tins and line the bottoms with greaseproof paper. Beat butter and sugar together with electric beaters until pale and creamy. Add the flour and eggs in one go and keep beating until evenly mixed. Fold in the walnuts (if using) and half of the coffee. Spoon the mix into the prepared tins and bake for 25-30 mins or until golden and well risen.
  • Leave the cakes in their tins for 5 mins before turning onto a wire rack. Sweeten the remaining coffee with the extra sugar and sprinkle 4 tbsp over the sponges. Leave to cool completely.
  • While the cakes cool, make the frosting. Tip the mascarpone into a large bowl and beat in the sugar and remaining coffee until smooth and creamy. Use about half of the frosting to sandwich the sponges together then, using a palette or cutlery knife, spread the rest of the frosting over the top of the cake. Decorate with a dusting of cocoa powder or drinking chocolate. If you’re making this cake to eat at home, it will keep covered in the fridge for 2-3 days.
This recipe is not mine, I have it saved on my computer along with many others. I don't want to take any credit! If anyone knows the author please tell me.

This cake is delicious, I've also made it with just butter + sugar and some more coffee for the frosting and it was also very nice, but I stil think that this version with mascarpone is better. It just adds a very nice sour taste to the coffee cake. But if you would like to try the other version just make the frosting with 175g soft butter, 350g icing sugar and 4 level tsp instant coffee, dissolved in 1 tbsp boiling water. You can just slice both the sponges into halves, and put the icing in the middle, this way the cake will be more moist.

Hope you'll like it!

Where are you from? It took me a while to understand your recipe! Thank you though :) It sounds really really good! I will totally try it if I can decide what sandwich tins are!!

Reaction score
I love coffee and cappuccinos too! I have never made a coffee-flavored cake, but I have made a super easy coffee frosting that is delicious and goes with anything! Here it is:

1/4 cup MAXWELL HOUSE INTERNATIONAL (French Vanilla, Mocha... there are a ton of flavors to pick)
3 Tbsp. hot milk
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
1 pkg. (16 oz.) powdered sugar (about 4 cups)

View attachment 131
-Dissolve instant coffee in hot milk.
-Beat butter in a separate bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until creamy. Gradually add sugar, beating on low speed after each addition until well blended. Add coffee mixture; mix well.
-I put the frosting mix in the fridge for about an hour, then spread it on to your heart's content. I've had it on cake, cookies and brownies. All delicious!

The coffee mix is a powder, so I'm sure you could experiment and mix it in with cake or cookie batter and see how it turns out! Have fun!

Oh my gosh! That sounds so simply! I don't know why I didn't think of that :) You are awesome! Thank you!

Reaction score
I'm sure you can, I've seen a number of recipes over the years for chocolate cake that call for some coffee mixed in with the batter. You could just as easily swap that out for espresso. Some even call for instant coffee crystals in it, for an even stronger flavor. You would just need to be careful with how you balance out the flavors - may need to add a little more sugar to offset the bitterness of the coffee, for example.

You could even perhaps sprinkle some crushed chocolate coated espresso beans over the frosting too for some extra crunch and coffee flavor.

Reaction score
You can use coffee instead of water in a chocolate cake recipe to give it a mocha flavor. I haven't done it but I know it works. There are also recipes that include instant coffee for flavor.

Reaction score
There are tons of ideas for this- I've had some delicious cappuccino icebox cakes before. I'll have to dig up the recipe for you :), I love coffee inspired desserts.

Reaction score
Mmmm! I was going to say if there isn't such a cake there should be!

I will be borrowing that frosting recipe, Smart Pea.

I was just looking for something new to make for the holidays, and I think I found one! I think I'll be experimenting with cappuccino cake recipes now.

Reaction score
Whenever i visit the mall i always go to the cafe there to get myself a nice thick slice of Cappuccino cake and it is tasty indeed however i've never bake one at home...and i'm here thinking why is it i've never gotten around to baking one at home...anyway here is a recipe that i found and i think this cake would even taste better if you should add your preferred nuts and essences.

• Ingredients
  • 4 eggs, beaten
  • For the frosting
    • 500g tub mascarpone

1. Heat oven to 180C/fan 160C/gas 4. Butter 2 x 20cm sandwich tins and line the bottoms with greaseproof paper. Beat butter and sugar together with electric beaters until pale and creamy. Add the fl our and eggs in one go and keep beating until evenly mixed. Fold in the walnuts (if using) and half of the coffee. Spoon the mix into the prepared tins and bake for 25-30 mins or until golden and well risen.
    2. Leave the cakes in their tins for 5 mins before turning onto a wire rack. Sweeten the remaining coffee with the extra sugar and sprinkle 4 tbsp over the sponges. Leave to cool completely.
    3. While the cakes cool, make the frosting. Tip the mascarpone into a large bowl and beat in the sugar and remaining coffee until smooth and creamy. Use about half of the frosting to sandwich the sponges together then, using a palette or cutlery knife, spread the rest of the frosting over the top of the cake. Decorate with a dusting of cocoa powder or drinking chocolate. If you’re making this cake to eat at home, it will keep covered in the fridge for 2-3 days.
    Recipe from Good Food magazine,

Ask a Question