What is this flowerpot-shaped muffin pan?

Reaction score
I am completely clueless! I "inherited" this pan from my grandmother,

who doesn't remember where she bought it (but most of her kitchenware is from Williams-Sonoma or occasionally Cooks Club)...there is no brand on it.

What made me think it might be a specialty pan is the ridge in the well, it will form a flowerpot shape when unmolded.

Has anyone seen these before? Is there a name for this kind of pan? Thanks in advance for your help!

DSC00476.jpg

Reaction score
How weird, I've never seen a pan like that before! Agreed that it is probably for flower pot type cakes, but obviously you wouldn't be able to use paper cases with it. Are you planning on giving it a try?

Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome Becky! :)
I was originally going to try and resell it, but I never knew how to describe it so it's just been waiting in my storage cabinet...Yes not being able to use the paper sleeves is my deterrent from keeping it, plus I have several other pans and molds and don't really need another!

Reaction score
Pardon me if I am wrong but that pan is what we use her for making steamed rice cake that is locally known as puto. It is primarily made of ground glutinous rice mixed with coconut milk and other ingredients that becomes like a dough when mixed. They use that kind of pan for shaping the goods. However, that in the picture is just one type of such pan, there are other shapes and sizes to choose from.

Reaction score
When in doubt, ask Mr. Know It All.
LMAO

Unfortunately thats ME!!!!
(tooting my own horn)
ha ha ha

That is a "Crown Top Muffin Pan".
It is from William Sonoma.

It is typically used for specialty muffins that have huge "crowns" or tops on them.
The lip is to hold in the shape and the size of the muffin top as it bakes, so it doesn't spread out and usually help makes the muffin "puffy" looking.

Also called a "Morning Glory Pan" for those types of muffins.
(recipe link below)
Also used for Streusel Top Muffins.
This pan can also be used for rolls or cupcakes that you want bigger "crowns" or tops on.

http://pudgefactor.com/Breads/Morning_Glory_Muffins.htm

Muffin3.jpg

Reaction score
You really are a font of knowledge, @ChesterV :D

People usually say I'm a font of something.........but your're the first person to ever say it's knowledge!!!
:eek::p:D

Thanks;)

HOW do I do it, you might ask?!?

You know the old saying "curiosity killed the cat"?
Well, me being a cat freak, I can identify with that line.

If I am intrigued by a question, problem, or issue, I will not stop until I find the answer.
That is the only way I have ever learned anything on my own. And since the invent of the personal computer and the internet, it is SO much easier to find the answers nowadays.
;)

Kei

Reaction score
It seems it is an multi - size muffin pan. You can find this item in most thrift stores. I believe William - Sonoma carries this pan along with walmart.

DSC00476.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Ask a Question