ISO thoughts on Organic Chocolate

Reaction score
Hi All -- new member here, but I'm curious whether you've ever used organic baking chocolate before and what your experience was.

Reaction score
Hi All -- new member here, but I'm curious whether you've ever used organic baking chocolate before and what your experience was.

I use Guittard semisweet 66% organic chocolate regularly to temper and dip biscotti. I’ll also use it in combination with cocoa powder in cake batter.

I’ve used Callebaut organic baking chocolate.

Insofar as performance there’s no difference between organic chocolate and conventional chocolate .

But there are things to consider about baking chocolate.

Baking chocolate is not the best way to get chocolate flavor in desserts baked at high temperature and with a significant ingredients since once added to a recipe, proportionately the chocolate doesn’t contain enough cocoa solids to stand out against all the other ingredients. Chocolate is more suited to desert that will be cooked at lowers temperatures and contain a few ingredients, just as mousses

Cocoa powder Is a better choice for baked goods because it is chocolate with most of the cocoa butter removed. So it is like a concentrated form of cocoa solids.

A combination of cocoa powder and bittersweet or semisweet chocolate will work in baked goods better than baking chocolate alone.

Ask a Question