It's a Bundt World After All!

Reaction score
Bundt Cake
(from Wikipedia)

A Bundt cake is a cake that is baked in a Bundt pan, shaping it into a distinctive ring shape. The shape is inspired by a traditional European cake known as Gugelhupf, but Bundt cakes are not generally associated with any single recipe. The style of mold in North America was popularized in the 1950s and 1960s, after cookware manufacturer Nordic Ware trademarked the name "Bundt" and began producing Bundt pans from cast aluminum. Publicity from Pillsbury saw the cakes gain widespread popularity.

201212-xl-reverse-marble-bundt-cake.jpg

Do you have a favorite Bundt cake?

Do you have a favorite Bundt recipe to share?
Do you have a favorite Bundt pan?

Reaction score
Key Lime Bundt Cake

Ingredients
  • 1 (18.25 ounce) package lemon cake mix
  • 1 (3 ounce) package instant lemon pudding mix
  • 3/4 cup water
  • 1/2 cup vegetable oil
  • 4 eggs
  • 5 tablespoons key lime juice
  • 1 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
  • 3 tablespoons key lime juice
Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease one 9x13 inch cake pan or one 10 inch bundt pan.
  2. In a large bowl stir together; lemon cake mix, lemon instant pudding, water, oil, eggs, and 5 tablespoons key lime juice, mixing well. Pour batter into prepared pan.
  3. Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 45 minutes. Pour key lime glaze over cake while still warm.
  4. To Make Glaze: Mix together the confectioner's sugar and 3 tablespoons of the key lime juice (or more if necessary), spoon glaze over warm cake.
images

Reaction score
Love those decorative bundt pans, Chester!

I love lemon blueberry bundt - that's a definite fave! But the key lime one you posted sounds delicious (I love citrusy desserts!)

As for favorite bundt pans - I quite like my mini bundts! When I make things for hubby to take into work to share with his colleagues, things that people can just individually grab and go with are best - so these fit the bill for that!

spin_prod_214521401

Reaction score
I love the various shapes of the bundt pans. I would like to someday own a mini bundt pan, that way I could freeze some of the extras, and then pull them out when I needed a treat, or had company coming and didn't have the time or energy to make something fresh.

I guess it was inevitable that someone would create a stadium bundt cake. My high school graduation took place in a stadium, so I guess that pan could serve more purposes than simply for sporting event celebrations.

I like the ones shaped like castles, they are quite enchanting. I mainly top my bundt cakes with powdered sugar, or drizzle them with icing. What do y'all do?

Reaction score
I love the various shapes of the bundt pans. I would like to someday own a mini bundt pan, that way I could freeze some of the extras, and then pull them out when I needed a treat, or had company coming and didn't have the time or energy to make something fresh.

I guess it was inevitable that someone would create a stadium bundt cake. My high school graduation took place in a stadium, so I guess that pan could serve more purposes than simply for sporting event celebrations.

I like the ones shaped like castles, they are quite enchanting. I mainly top my bundt cakes with powdered sugar, or drizzle them with icing. What do y'all do?

Oh, I like FROSTING.........LOTS and LOTS of frosting!!!!!
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Reaction score
One of my favorites.....

Poppy Seed Bundt Cake (with sour cream frosting)

Ingredients
  • 1 (18.25 ounce) package yellow cake mix
  • 1 (3.4 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding mix
  • 2 tablespoons poppy seeds (I use 4 tablespoons)
  • 1 cup water
  • 1/2 cup vegetable oil
  • 4 eggs
  • 1 teaspoon almond extract
Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a 10 inch Bundt pan.
  2. In a large bowl, stir together cake mix, pudding mix and poppy seeds. Make a well in the center and pour in water, oil, and eggs. Beat on low speed until blended. Scrape bowl, and beat 4 minutes on medium speed. Pour batter into prepared pan.
  3. Bake in the preheated oven for 50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Let cool in pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack and cool completely.

Frosting

1. Sift one cup of powdered sugar and set aside.
  2. Dump one 8 ounce container of sour cream into a bowl, add one teaspoon of vanilla extract.
  3. Slowly whisk in the powdered sugar into the sour cream. If it gets too thick, add more sour cream or a little bit of milk or water until you get the consistency you want.
4679191578_43b42cf347.jpg

Reaction score
@Diane Lane I'm definitely an icing drizzler for my bundts. I just love how it looks...I think it's just a cute way to finish them. I've never done powdered sugar but I think that would be lovely too!

And @ChesterV poppyseed bundts are DELISH! Good choice!

Ask a Question