It's in the dismount!

Reaction score
What's your perfect dismount when things start falling apart?

Mine is the fan display!

Cake broke, stuck to the parchment paper and i lost a chunk in the transfer, but still had to photograph it as my monthly Feature Flavor and bring it to a party...

PhotoGrid_1504647844902.jpg

Cuba Libre - Rum, Cola and Lime.
(Vanilla box cake, RC&L instead of water in mix and basted on, R&L in cream cheese icing.)

Cake was a hit (a mess, but a hit)!

Reaction score
LIME!!!!

OMG!!!!! If there's anything better than peach, it's LIME!!!!!

Cake is good no matter what it looks like!:D

Yes, I would have done the same if my bundt didn't come out so perfect.

But I'm curious.........parchment paper on bundt cake? Exactly how does that work?

I've never used parchment paper in my life, unless it was to line a pastry box with.

In fact, I don't think I've used any kind of paper product for cakes, ever. I used waxed paper once when I made Chocolate Chewies, but you have to on those, otherwise they end up "super glued" to the pan.

Hmmmm...........

I have a challenge for you............

Peach, lime, poppyseed, and mint bundt cake.
It's up to you to decide what is what.
If you decide to make one, I definitely want to see it!
;)

Reaction score
LOL!!! I love that i make your day with the flavors!

As for the parchment paper, I invert my cakes onto parchment when i forget to carry along my cooling racks. Normally, I can lift them off and place them on cake rounds (which i usually cover in paper too) to package them, but this sweetheart was sticky and a tad too moist, so she broke when i tried to lift her off.

As for your challenge, i just posted that this weekend as my October Challenge -- "If you can Drink it, I can Bake it". I would be glad to toss that one together and ship it to you, but it wouldn't exactly be for free... ;)

Reaction score
LOL!!! I love that i make your day with the flavors!

As for the parchment paper, I invert my cakes onto parchment when i forget to carry along my cooling racks. Normally, I can lift them off and place them on cake rounds (which i usually cover in paper too) to package them, but this sweetheart was sticky and a tad too moist, so she broke when i tried to lift her off.

As for your challenge, i just posted that this weekend as my October Challenge -- "If you can Drink it, I can Bake it". I would be glad to toss that one together and ship it to you, but it wouldn't exactly be for free... ;)

I never use racks for cakes. I let them cool in the pan until I can touch them, then I flip them over onto a cookie sheet wrapped with plastic wrap.

For bundt cakes, I let them cool until I can touch them, then flip them onto the plate or cake stand they will be served on. Sometimes I have to let the cake sit in the pan until it cools completely. If thats the case, then I sort of "whack it around", slapping the sides of the bundt pan while its still warm to loosen it up a bit. That way it doesn't stick when I flip it out onto something.

You can also use cardboard or plastic rounds and flip the cake onto those if you want to cool them outside the pan.
They are easier to slide off onto your serving plate that way, or you can just leave them on the cardboard.

Reaction score
I prefer to dress my ladies before i plate or package them, so i do that on the parchment paper. I then transfer it to the dish for display or the covered round to go in the box. I dressed and delivered on the same parchment paper once... Not cute in the slightest. All sorts of puddles and blops of icing everywhere. Nope. Presentation is everything. Learned from that point on to dress then transfer.

Reaction score
I prefer to dress my ladies before i plate or package them, so i do that on the parchment paper. I then transfer it to the dish for display or the covered round to go in the box. I dressed and delivered on the same parchment paper once... Not cute in the slightest. All sorts of puddles and blops of icing everywhere. Nope. Presentation is everything. Learned from that point on to dress then transfer.

Are you using a cake lifter? Coated with powdered sugar, a cake should slide off a lifter easily. Since powdered sugar dissolves into the cake, it won't leave unsightly white streaks.

But rather than transfer the unsupported cake from surface to surface, use a cake circle to support the cake from start to finish. Just unmold the cake right onto the cake circle. Then decorate, box, deliver on the same circle. I know they make precut parchment paper for tube pans, but I don't think they make a cake circle with precut center hole. Depending on the type of icing, you may want a center circle for excess icing to drip through. A circle punch or circle cutter would make fast work of cutting holes in cake circles.

I use cake circles for all my cakes, even the mini ones. It's the only way to move a cake or a layer without risk of it breaking apart. I use a cake circle slightly smaller than the diameter of my cake. That way it doesn't show on the outside edge, while providing full support to the cake.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack Sr

Latest Threads