July 1 - National Gingersnap Day!

Reaction score
Here in the US there's literally a food for every day - July 1 is National Gingersnap Day. It sounds crazy, I know, but it's all in good fun!

Do you like Gingersnap cookies/biscuits depending on where you're from?

Have you got a good ginger snap recipe to share?

Reaction score
It really looks like it is, lol. I wonder if the have a national bacon day! To be honest they are not one of my favorite cookies, but my aunt loved to bake those. They have a very interesting flavour ;) I'd never bake them myself tho, that would mean I'd need to eat more than 2 or 3 of them.

Reaction score
It really looks like it is, lol. I wonder if the have a national bacon day! To be honest they are not one of my favorite cookies, but my aunt loved to bake those. They have a very interesting flavour ;) I'd never bake them myself tho, that would mean I'd need to eat more than 2 or 3 of them.

Hah, slightly off topic but I just had to check and I googled about Bacon Day! It's July 5!!!

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_Bacon_Day

Reaction score
LOL!!!!!!!!!! Great timing, just right after the 4th of july, lol! Lol, I wonder how many people actually gather to celebrate this? I know I would...!

Reaction score
I've never made gingersnaps, but they and Vanilla Wafers are both on my 'baking bucket list' to make when I get a better oven. I might actually attempt them before that day, since it may never arrive, but since it's already reaching the 90s here, it probably won't be any time soon.

Reaction score
I love ginger snaps, they are one of my all time favorites, but I have never succeeded in baking them myself. My attempts are never very snappy. Usually they are more chewy. Perhaps I have just not found the right recipe yet. But they are pretty cheap to buy.

Ask a Question