Jupiter structural layer cake - complete sphere!

Reaction score
I posted a while back about a semi-sphere layer cake of the Earth, well now it's creator has gone for a full sphere! This time Jupiter, and it looks magnificent.

ccjupitercake05.jpg

ccjupitercake09.jpg

Read more at Cake Crumbs

Amazing stuff huh?! :D

Reaction score
I think this one looks even better than the first one!

I agree - she managed to get much more even layers. I saw a spherical cake mould in my local craft shop the other day and I was sorely tempted...!!

Reaction score
What would you make with it? Sports balls, crystal balls, planets... surely there are more ideas for a spherical mold. Could you stack them and make a giant snowman?

Reaction score
Ooh a snowman would be amazing! :D

You could also make a cake that looks like a Christmas pudding, or maybe a pumpkin cake at Halloween? Oh dear I'm talking myself into it...!!

Reaction score
That is just simply amazing. I would love to see one as a Halloween Pumpkin. Halloween is my youngest daughters birthday and she would get a kick out of something like a spherical pumpkin cake. Where can you buy one? I seriously do not think I could attempt one, I leave that to the pros. Wow, cannot get over how perfectly round it is.

Reaction score
I saw this cake on Facebook a few days ago!! It's really incredible. Like LL above me said, the perfect sphere of it is incredible, not to mention the detail on the outside. It even has the actual massive storm that you can find on Jupiter. This is really cool from a baking standpoint and a scientific standpoint!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
am123

Latest Threads