Just for laughs - baking fail pics

Reaction score
Hi bakers,

I didn’t see a just for laughs thread in this forum. Had a massive baking fail today. So bad, I found it PAINfully funny. No coincidence french for bread is Pain.

Thinking of starting a thread for us to post pics of our baking disasters literally for us to laugh at our selves and one another. And to remind ourselves, failure happens!

This thread is NOT for troubleshooting! Please ask for advice in the respective channels!

And if you need to explain why it is a fail, you are not failing BIG enough.

Fail big and go bake again

Reaction score
To start the ball (cinnamon) rolling...

Maximum Maillard reaction achieved.
C1657FA6-76B3-4052-BBDB-E49A228C1C56.jpeg

Reaction score
I dropped a bowl in the kitchen; it It shattered
FD90CA70-428D-427C-8DCA-5200D070D3C6.jpeg

Since I Didn’t know if shards of glass went into my mise en place, I had to throw it all all out.
D48A4BDE-3434-48BD-A035-BBAFBFEAC418.jpeg

After mixing dough and baking 6 dozen cookies for an event; I discovered the almonds, which were from same store, same brand, but a new supplier, had a different moisture content. So the cookies turned soggy. And the walnuts, which were fresh, were and fine tasted them before baking, turned bitter when baked in the cooking. So all the cookies ended up in the trash.

16AD5B1E-6E89-4E4D-BF96-407077963D8D.jpeg

58A39E95-2A75-4D8D-8DBE-26BC876CEFD8.jpeg

Reaction score
How many times have we had the broken glass conversation with ourselves and others? Could it really have got in there? I cant' see any. I can't take the chance. Bin the lot...boooo!

Reaction score
How many times have we had the broken glass conversation with ourselves and others? Could it really have got in there? I cant' see any. I can't take the chance. Bin the lot...boooo!

And the strange thing is, we clean up all the glass so thoroughly. Then six months later, when we wake up early and go to make our tea, we step on a piece of that broken glass. Never mind that we have sweep and washed out floor a dozen times since we shattered the bowl. Still, this shard of glass waits silently on the floor to be stepped on!!!

Reaction score
Oh no! Especially the shattered glass and wastage.

They were for a friend’s powerlifting event. They supply food for the athletes. But they sell food to the spectators. I had called that morning to tell him, “So sorry, you will have no cookies to sell at the event.” He’s a good though so he was understanding.

Reaction score
The last time I shattered glass on my baking counter, I was so paranoid about getting every shard removed that I made bread dough to knead all over the counter just to pick up any glass bits.

Ask a Question