Just got a kitchenaid, what should i make?

Reaction score
Boyfriend's mom got me a Kitchenaid for my birthday! What should I make with it?

Reaction score
You should make the Southern candy called Divinity.
Divinity is almost impossible to make without a stand mixer because it's so gooey that you couldn't mix it by hand.

Reaction score
When I bought my mother a KitchenAid, I suggested she make several loaves of bread with it at near capacity. I figured if the motor was going to fail at capacity, better it does so early while it's under warranty. It was a very rewarding suggestion :)

Reaction score
When I bought my mother a KitchenAid, I suggested she make several loaves of bread with it at near capacity. I figured if the motor was going to fail at capacity, better it does so early while it's under warranty. It was a very rewarding suggestion :)
Hahah! Not a bad idea, might as well make some tasty bread while I can. Fresh bread, hot from the oven is one of my top comfort foods.

Reaction score

Bread is my first recommendation, too!!

It's incredible how much less tedious bread is when you don't have to knead it by hand repeatedly and a mixer will do on the nitty gritty work. I feel like my bread is a lot more consistent now that I have a KitchenAid, too, because it does make sure to mix evenly and for a lot longer than my hands (and patience) can handle.

Reaction score
ANYTHING and everything!!! I love my Kitchenaid and use it all the time, you are going to love it. I would make bread, it is pretty amazing that is can mix like it does. Bread will show you what the motor can handle and you will have something delicious when you are finished.

Reaction score
I envy you so much. I want a Kitchen Aid mixer, but they are so expensive. I am going to ask for one for Christmas next year.

Reaction score
they are expensive Tina,the reason I've been on a baking kick is because I got one for a present ,I went with bread to begin with Sage,just look for some easy recipes to start with,well that is what I did and still do lol

Tri

Reaction score
Oooo lucky you! I would make brioche! It takes such a long time and energy by hand! :)

Reaction score
I don't currently have a stand mixer, and so I stick with fairly easy recipes for now. Bread was also the first thing that came to mind, since it requires a lot of heavier duty mixing. I have a bread maker that I can use for that, but if I didn't, I wouldn't be making bread until I got a more substantial mixer. It sounds as if you're getting acquainted with your new gift, and enjoying it!

Reaction score
I've had bad luck with Kitchenaid anything. Seems I always have ended up with the "lemon".

I got a Sunbeam stand mixer, never have had a problem with it!!!
AND it only costs 1/4 of the price of a Kitchenaid!!!

41N15djVsPL._SY355_.jpg

Reaction score
make a lemon pie and then some home made whipped topping,you will throw away the cool whip :) or some whipped topping just to eat some lol

Reaction score
Well it sounds like the overwhelming majority of people want you to make bread, but I would say go bigger than that and break it in with something big. When it comes to a mixer, I always like to do dessert like items, and a good frosting comes to mind. When I did a quick search I came up with a marshmallow lemon cream, which sounded delicious. The point is is that your options are endless.

Ask a Question