Just wanted to share........

Reaction score
I just wanted to share a couple pictures of the cake I made for my Aunt Val’s Birthday. My auntie has a lot of allergies and because of this it’s been over 10 years since anyone has made her a cake. And even though she can’t eat the cake, she was truly touched that I made it for her. She even started crying. And that made me cry.
My auntie loves the beach so that was my inspiration for this cake.

F49571FA-2B5E-40C2-B4DD-8B8CE049F8E8.jpeg

D6D0E1BF-1724-4A73-AA3E-F9362EDCB853.jpeg

FB3A6FBD-9718-47E4-AF9E-4C3BCFDE99B6.jpeg

Reaction score
So beautiful! I can see why your Aunt would have been so moved :) I love all the little details, it's gorgeous. Out of curiosity what allergies does she have?

Reaction score
So beautiful! I can see why your Aunt would have been so moved :) I love all the little details, it's gorgeous. Out of curiosity what allergies does she have?

Thank you Becky! I really do love how this cake turned out. Definitely one of my favorites.
There are too many to count. Food allergies, medication allergies, and more. She did tell me that she was going to take her allergy medicine, coat the inside of her mouth with milk and take a bite. She holds it in her mouth for a minute before she has to spit it out.

Reaction score
Thank you Becky! I really do love how this cake turned out. Definitely one of my favorites.
There are too many to count. Food allergies, medication allergies, and more. She did tell me that she was going to take her allergy medicine, coat the inside of her mouth with milk and take a bite. She holds it in her mouth for a minute before she has to spit it out.

Oh goodness, that must be so difficult to manage. It's all the better that your cake was a feast for the eyes then :)

Reaction score
A few days ago I got a call from my Uncle Craig. He ate the rest of my Aunt Valarie’s birthday cake that she had in the freezer to enjoy whenever she wanted some. She was really mad at him so he called and asked if I could make her a new cake.

269615AC-51DD-42E4-A132-EE24AB1B5BB8.jpeg

D239F75D-1BCE-44FD-9AFB-E7DCCC89DE7B.jpeg

Her reaction when she saw that cake made me tear up at bit. She was so happy.
She told me that the cake was “her”.
She loves the beach so I decided to give her a tropical sunset.

Ask a Question