KA "easiest rye ever" recipe

Reaction score
made the KA "easiest rye ever" recipe on the back of the KA white rye flour bag. here's a pic of it. i dont' think it rose very much
:-( and i can't taste it till tomorrow since it just came out of the oven 11:30 pm right now. i did an over night rise in the refrigerator after rising on the counter for two hours. i let it wam up about 1 hour before i baked it at 450 degrees F in a preheated cloche for 30 minutes with cover on . i checked the temp with a internal thermometer and it was 177 degrees. i put it back in for 15 more min uncovered. i should have dropped the temp a bit but i did not after 15 min the temp was 206 too hot i over cooked it. :-( pulled it out here's a pic i don't expect much as it was a learning loaf. the first loaf i ever did was greenstein's sour corn rye in secrets of a jewish baker and that was a home run but i couldn't remember exactly which recipe i had used so i decided to try the kA first. last night i remember that it must have been the sour corn rye that i did after reading a bunch of recipes and thinking really hard about it but i had already started the ka. oh well its all a learning thing right?
rye.jpg

Reaction score
@rubato456, I think the loaf looks good. And the rise is good for rye. Rye is a very low protein flour, so if you use 50% or more in a recipe it will not get much oven spring. But that’s a good looking loaf.

Ask a Question