Keeping Appliances Looking New

Reaction score
Here's my dilemma: When I first got my KitchenAid mixer, it was shiny and bright. It is still this way but it just doesn't look the same as the first day I got it. How do you keep your appliances looking new, specifically a mixer? I have tried just wiping it down with a wet rag, a rag with a bit of Pine-Sol, etc but nothing gets it the way I want. What do you use?

Reaction score
There are a lot of solutions you can make using products that you have at home in your kitchen that will aid in your appliances looking new.

Here is one solution you can try:

1 cup of baking soda
1/4 cup lemon juice
3 Tablespoons Borax
Club Soda

Reaction score
Many years ago, my father-in-law used to take all fo the kitchen appliances out to his little workshop twise a year and take off legs, handles, ect and clean them. He would get every bit of grease, food in creavaces, ect off and they would look like new again. He used different cleaning solutions and steel wool,, brillo pads, ect. He had a laundry sink in his workshop, so it was easy for him to do.

Ask a Question