Kerig coffee machines

Reaction score
I was thinking about buying a Kerig coffee machine, but I am not sure it is worth the money because those little cups are very expensive. It would be nice to have a cup of coffee on demand, but I am afraid the expense would not be worth the convenience. Thoughts?

Reaction score
believe it or not, it might be a pretty good deal for you. I've got one, and I buy ground coffee and use a re-usable cup to put the grounds in. It only took me twice to figure out that if the cup had just a tad too much grounds, the machine would act up and spew. So I discovered that the grounds could only come up to end of the mesh part, and then I had an excellent, full-bodied mug of coffee. I'm spoiled now, and don't spend anymore money on coffee than I did when I owned a normal drip coffeemaker. In fact, if I sat down and put pen to spreadsheet, I bet I save money on the Kuerig because I almost never drank all the coffee I made in the normal coffee maker and ended up pouring the last of it down the drain.

Reaction score
My aunt has one of those, she also re uses the cups as well, and so far so good. I'm myself not a coffee drinker, so I can't tell for sure if it's worth the cash or not, but I believe that if you really want it you should really get it. My aunt doesn't really complain about the expenses generated by her Keurig coffee machine, so I guess it wasn't a bad purchase.

Reaction score
These are great suggestions and I forgot that there are cups you can reuse. I think I may splurge and get one as my current coffee pot is on its last leg.

Reaction score
I've got a Tassimo machine.

I bought the machine when it was on special offer, so the machine was quite cheap.

The discs are quite expensive, but then I think well I wouldn't think twice about paying £2.50 for a coffee in Costa, so paying £4 for a pack of 8 discs isn't that much.

Reaction score
I am going to check out Costco too and see how much I can get the supplies for. I imagine it will be much less than if I were to buy it at a regular mass retailer. They also have cup holders and accessories to go with the machines.

Ask a Question