Keto desserts?

Reaction score
I'm cooking a meal for my neighbours on Friday, and one of them is following a keto diet. It means he doesn't eat carbs, including sugar. I'm trying to think of dessert ideas but I'm struggling a little! Apparently berries are ok, but no other fruits. Things like cream are ok too. One idea that I did have was to make a sugar-free dessert but have Miracle Berry tablets beforehand - they change how you perceive flavour so bitter things taste sweet. I've also been googling for keto desserts, but a lot of them have sweeteners and I'm not keen on that. I'm tempted to just wuss out and serve him cheese!

If anyone has any ideas or suggestions please let me know :)

Reaction score
I'm cooking a meal for my neighbours on Friday, and one of them is following a keto diet. It means he doesn't eat carbs, including sugar. I'm trying to think of dessert ideas but I'm struggling a little! Apparently berries are ok, but no other fruits. Things like cream are ok too. One idea that I did have was to make a sugar-free dessert but have Miracle Berry tablets beforehand - they change how you perceive flavour so bitter things taste sweet. I've also been googling for keto desserts, but a lot of them have sweeteners and I'm not keen on that. I'm tempted to just wuss out and serve him cheese!

If anyone has any ideas or suggestions please let me know :)

Sorry I can’t be of any help.

Reaction score
Sorry I can’t be of any help.

Yeah no worries, it's a difficult one! I decided to go down the Miracle Berry route. We'll have a kind of deconstructed cheesecake - chopped pecan nuts, cream cheese with vanilla, and berries. Fingers crossed it works ok!

Reaction score
Yeah no worries, it's a difficult one! I decided to go down the Miracle Berry route. We'll have a kind of deconstructed cheesecake - chopped pecan nuts, cream cheese with vanilla, and berries. Fingers crossed it works ok!

Well I certainly hope everything works out. Alternative baking just isn’t my thing. Gluten-free is the only alternative baking I do because I have to maintain a gluten-free diet.

Reaction score
Well I certainly hope everything works out. Alternative baking just isn’t my thing. Gluten-free is the only alternative baking I do because I have to maintain a gluten-free diet.

Thankfully it worked a treat! The miracle berry tablets are so cool. The best thing was the berries, they tasted like they'd been dipped in sugar. We also tried some dark chocolate - it tasted like really flavourful milk chocolate. Amazing!! :D

Ask a Question