Korean White Steamed Rice Cake

Reaction score
That steamed rice cake is similar to our Puto which is simply called rice cake (although lately I have been seeing the English name as steamed rice cake). But our rice cake used to be plain white with no other ingredients. However, some innovations now have the cheese for toppings or the meat as filling which makes the rice cake look like Chinese dumpling. But this Korean rice cake looks unique with the fruits and nuts for the topping. It looks like fruit cake to me.

Reaction score
Oohh! I love the toppings! :) It sure does look like a big puto but I guess they're somehow similar in nature because of the rice ingredient. I love fruits and nuts so this recipe definitely joins my recipe collections. Thank you so much for sharing! :)

Reaction score
Oohh! I love the toppings! :) It sure does look like a big puto but I guess they're somehow similar in nature because of the rice ingredient. I love fruits and nuts so this recipe definitely joins my recipe collections. Thank you so much for sharing! :)

Yes @gracer The fruit and nut toppings of this white steam rice cake will make this to be a different version from the other ordinary plain steam rice cake which makes it very delicious :)

Reaction score
That steamed rice cake is similar to our Puto which is simply called rice cake (although lately I have been seeing the English name as steamed rice cake). But our rice cake used to be plain white with no other ingredients. However, some innovations now have the cheese for toppings or the meat as filling which makes the rice cake look like Chinese dumpling. But this Korean rice cake looks unique with the fruits and nuts for the topping. It looks like fruit cake to me.

The cheese and meat toppings seems also to be a delicious toppings for a steam rice cake. Nowadays when it comes to food preparations and recipes we had always new innovations which makes our cooking and baking endeavors to be more exciting and fulfilling ;)

Ask a Question