Lactose free snacks for a one year old

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I need some help. My cousin Christian has a one year old son named Brody who has been diagnosed at lactose intolerant.
I was upset when I found out that his babysitter gave him puppy chow (Chex cereal with peanut butter, chocolate and powdered sugar)
I myself would never feed a one year old that. Brody had a bad reaction so my aunt Val, Brody’s grandma, asked me for some easy lactose free snack recipes for him. I have sent her a couple but if any of you have some ideas I could really use some help.
Thank you so much!
Angie

Reaction score
Sorry to hear that! :( I've tried a few lactose-free products for my husband - he seems to have problems with dairy, and for a while we thought it might be lactose. Here in the UK you can get lactose-free dairy products (milk, butter, cream etc) which have the lactase enzyme added so that lactose intolerant people can digest them. Are they available in the USA?

Some things, like butter and hard cheese, have very low levels of lactose anyway. Given that he's only 1, I'd guess you'll want to stay away from sugary snacks, is that right?

Reaction score
Sorry to hear that! :( I've tried a few lactose-free products for my husband - he seems to have problems with dairy, and for a while we thought it might be lactose. Here in the UK you can get lactose-free dairy products (milk, butter, cream etc) which have the lactase enzyme added so that lactose intolerant people can digest them. Are they available in the USA?

Some things, like butter and hard cheese, have very low levels of lactose anyway. Given that he's only 1, I'd guess you'll want to stay away from sugary snacks, is that right?

We do have those products here. I myself use lactose free milk, butter, yogurt etc. I also use a lot of almond milk based products like cream cheese.

I do want to stay away from sugary snack recipes to send to my aunt. I want to make sure they are healthy but also simple to prepare and maybe some make ahead recipes that can be frozen or refrigerated.

Reaction score
How about banana cookies? There are all sorts of recipes out there using mashed bananas instead of eggs and sugar. Some are as simple as mashed banana, oats, and raisins/choc chips, so they should hopefully fit the bill! My friend, who can't eat eggs, used to make things like this for her boys all the time when they were toddlers.

Ask a Question