Largest Strawberry Cake

Reaction score
Here in the Philippines, there is a strawberry festival held every year in one of the northern provinces. This is the strawberry capital of our country so organizers of the festival thought of creating a large cake shaped like a strawberry amidst a filed of vanilla confection. This cake weighed more than 9,600 kilos, stood about eight feet high, 12 feet long and nine feet wide.

Here's a picture of the cake which consumed round 2,350 kilos of fresh strawberries, 537.5 kilos of magnolia gold butter and 967.5 kilos of strawberry preserve. This is equivalent to a total of 2,150 pans of cake.

c5d614d8867c43d547e91df10813cb32.jpg

Photo courtesy of pinterest.com

Reaction score
Now where do you bake stuff like this is all I want to ask....I am waiting for the answer. It's amazing to look at.

Reaction score
LOL @Winterybella , they make in smaller portions and put the pieces together before frosting it, However, this is stunning!! This is THE cake boss! You know how incredibly hard it must have been to look exactly like a strawberry. Im quite impressed.

Reaction score
Various bakers from the area joined forces in making this giant strawberry cake. I'm also amazed at how they were able to make this kind of presentation, but all I know is that around 42,080 people have been fed with this big cake. It actually entered the Guinness Book of World Records as the largest fruit shortcake that was ever baked. :)

Reaction score
Well I always like to see the record breakers when it comes to food, and this is surely an impressive one. I happen to love strawberries and this would really be something to see. Makes me wonder what happens to it once all the photos are taken. Thanks for sharing.

Reaction score
LOL @Winterybella , they make in smaller portions and put the pieces together before frosting it, However, this is stunning!! This is THE cake boss! You know how incredibly hard it must have been to look exactly like a strawberry. Im quite impressed.
Lol. Thanks but I am still left in awe and would surely like to know how something like this "comes together". I am often amazed at these feats. Still I got to thinking what's the largest oven. I suspect a time will come when these things can be accomplished without the piecing together or a traditional oven.

Reaction score
Lol. Thanks but I am still left in awe and would surely like to know how something like this "comes together". I am often amazed at these feats. Still I got to thinking what's the largest oven. I suspect a time will come when these things can be accomplished without the piecing together or a traditional oven.

I tried looking for any article that would also give me a clue but I guess it's an ultimate secret for the makers. Lol! I'm trying to imagine how many ovens they used and how many hours they spent baking the 2,150 pans of cake joined together to make this huge one but I'm just left in awe. :)

Reaction score
This is amazing! I was wondering how long and how many days they had spent in making this kind of big cake. You said they used fresh strawberries that is why I am sure it is really a sure winner when it comes to its taste and nice presentation as what the picture you had shared had shown. Thanks for sharing :)

Reaction score
Well, seems like they spent a load of flour there, I wish I had that many ingredients to make a big cake only for myself. I generally like making two cakes so I can eat a full cake by myself, that's quite selfish, but I really love doing so.

Ask a Question