Latest Wedding Cake Design

Reaction score
I'm trying to help my sister pick her wedding cake. Any ideas about simple and latest wedding cake design?

Reaction score
Wedding cake design is solely dependent on what the bride or her mother wants.

If you are helping her pick something, then you would need to specify her tastes, what she is wanting -- what exactly the size, shape, and how many people it needs to serve, AND what her tastes are.

If you have that information, I can better help.
:D

Also, is this going to be home-made or will you be ordering from a bakery?

Reaction score
Agreed. IMO fashion is irrelevant - this is their day, they should do whatever they want :)

Reaction score
Thank your for the response @ChesterV and @Becky!

She wants a 3-4 layer wedding cake that could probably serve 60 persons. Vanilla and chocolate will be the flavors, and will be ordering from a bakery for a customize design with navy blue and teal as the motif.

We are wondering if there is a new thrend or unique wedding cake designs today other than the typical wedding cake. We want that the couple will have a wedding cake that people will be amaze and will talk about after. :D

Reaction score
I think the best cakes are the ones that reflect the personality of the couple - what are they like? Geeky? Traditional? Elegant? Fun loving?

Reaction score
They are young fun loving couple! :)

You can "google" the kind of wedding cakes you are interested in.

Use search terms like "designer wedding cakes", "one of a kind wedding cakes", "extraordinary wedding cakes", etc....

It is difficult to suggest anything based on generalities and not specifics.

Reaction score
I quite like these ones:

marver-navy-blue-cake-for-metro.jpg

6844a5f792e416b8224c49ad6aa4e966.jpg

images

The geode cake is probably my favourite, but then I'm a geek who loves geology! :D

Reaction score
@ChesterV Thank you! Yes, I'm searching in google now and tons of very unique wedding cakes!
@Becky Thank you too! Very nice wedding cakes! I'll let my sister see these pictures but I find the second cake very interesting! :)

Reaction score
@ChesterV Thank you! Yes, I'm searching in google now and tons of very unique wedding cakes!
@Becky Thank you too! Very nice wedding cakes! I'll let my sister see these pictures but I find the second cake very interesting! :)

Yes, the second cake looks like it has a dark blue mirror glaze, and is dotted with candy pearls of different sizes (large on top, graduation to small on bottom). This is very time consuming, as the pearls have to be placed on there by hand, one at a time.

Reaction score
I quite like these ones:

marver-navy-blue-cake-for-metro.jpg

6844a5f792e416b8224c49ad6aa4e966.jpg

images

The geode cake is probably my favourite, but then I'm a geek who loves geology! :D

The first time I saw a geode cake, I was like "Why didn't **I** ever think of that"?????

Pretty neat, and yet another time consumer to make. But definitely makes a statement!

Reaction score
@ChesterV I'm planning on making a sugar and chocolate geode - I've had one attempt so far, and I'm determined to master it :D

The large sugar crystals look nice if done correctly.
I kind of like this one..........

1a8ad5d0bf19a6bbabbea1586d5129bf.jpg

This is the kind of geode cake I would do. I love that marble effect.

Ask a Question