Layered lemon delight

Reaction score
This is one of my family's favorite summer desserts. It's very light and refreshing. The only thing you need to bake is the pecan crust. Enjoy!
1g0ppv.jpg

Layered Lemon Delight

Ingredients

1st layer
1 cup flour
1 cup pecans, chopped
½ cup butter, softened

2nd layer
1 (8 oz) pkg cream cheese, softened
1 cup powdered sugar
1 cup whipping cream

3rd layer
1 ½ - 2 cups Homemade lemon curd (cooled) :) *** recipe below ***
Or
(If you’re short on time)
1 pkg instant lemon pudding, prepared Or 1 can lemon pie filling :(

4th layer
2 cups whipping cream
3 - 6 Tablespoons powdered sugar (depends on how sweet you like your whipped cream)
1 tsp vanilla
2 Tablespoons chopped pecans for garnishing

Directions

1st Layer: Mix together and press into a 9x13” (22x33 cm) pan. Bake at 325 ºF (160 ºC) for 25-30 minutes, or until browned. Cool.

2nd Layer: Cream together cream cheese and powdered sugar. In a separate bowl, whip whipping cream until soft peaks form. Fold whipped cream into cream cheese mixture. Spread over cooled base.

3rd Layer: Spread cooled homemade Lemon Curd *** over second layer (My preference)
Or
Prepare and cool 1 large package lemon pudding and pour over second layer.
Or
Pour 1 can lemon pie filling over second layer

4th Layer: Beat whipping cream, powdered sugar and vanilla until stiff. Spread over third layer. Garnish with chopped pecans.

Yields: 20 servings (if cut 4 x 5)

*** Lemon Curd Recipe

https://www.baking-forums.com/threads/lemon-curd-uses-and-recipe.108/

To increase the lemon curd recipe to 2 cups, beat 1/2 cup whipping cream until fluffy and fold into lemon curd.

Reaction score
Oh wow, this is beautiful and looks yummy too. :)
The ingredients are simple, should be very easy to prepare.

Reaction score
Definitely making this the next time I have guests round, it looks delicious :D

Reaction score
Looks delicious, making my mouth water just by look at it! Yummy! It does look light and refreshing. I love desserts with lemon pie filling. I think it's the perfect spring, and summer recipe to brighten up your day. I am definitely going to try this recipe this weekend. It's a simple and easy recipe, and doesn't need too many ingredients. It does seem not to hard to prepare, and the ingredients are don't to hard to find. :p

Reaction score
I made a lemon cake just yesterday and it was really nice, one thing I didn't use though was pecans. I think I will have to try this and use pecans too! looks really delicious!

Reaction score
This is one of my family's favorite summer desserts. It's very light and refreshing. The only thing you need to bake is the pecan crust. Enjoy!
1g0ppv.jpg

Layered Lemon Delight

Ingredients

1st layer
1 cup flour
1 cup pecans, chopped
½ cup butter, softened

2nd layer
1 (8 oz) pkg cream cheese, softened
1 cup powdered sugar
1 cup whipping cream

3rd layer
1 ½ - 2 cups Homemade lemon curd (cooled) :) *** recipe below ***
Or
(If you’re short on time)
1 pkg instant lemon pudding, prepared Or 1 can lemon pie filling :(

4th layer
2 cups whipping cream
3 - 6 Tablespoons powdered sugar (depends on how sweet you like your whipped cream)
1 tsp vanilla
2 Tablespoons chopped pecans for garnishing

Directions

1st Layer: Mix together and press into a 9x13” (22x33 cm) pan. Bake at 325 ºF (160 ºC) for 25-30 minutes, or until browned. Cool.

2nd Layer: Cream together cream cheese and powdered sugar. In a separate bowl, whip whipping cream until soft peaks form. Fold whipped cream into cream cheese mixture. Spread over cooled base.

3rd Layer: Spread cooled homemade Lemon Curd *** over second layer (My preference)
Or
Prepare and cool 1 large package lemon pudding and pour over second layer.
Or
Pour 1 can lemon pie filling over second layer

4th Layer: Beat whipping cream, powdered sugar and vanilla until stiff. Spread over third layer. Garnish with chopped pecans.

Yields: 20 servings (if cut 4 x 5)

*** Lemon Curd Recipe

https://www.baking-forums.com/threads/lemon-curd-uses-and-recipe.108/

To increase the lemon curd recipe to 2 cups, beat 1/2 cup whipping cream until fluffy and fold into lemon curd.
Finally, I made a Four Layered Lemon Delight yesterday. Actually, I was amazed and how it came out. It came out perfect, it was worth a try! For my crust, I used macadamia nuts in my crust to double the crust recipe. I made minds gluten-free. I used gluten-free mama's almond flour instead, and I used 1tsp of xanthan gum per 1cup flour. I used a low fat cream cheese instead, and a lite cool whip. It turned out pretty good, and was delicious! :p

Reaction score
Oh My Lord!! This looks absolutely delicious. I am going to have to see what I can do to adapt this for a diabetic. I know I can get sugar free instant lemon pudding to use in place of the lemon curd and maybe I can use sugar substitute in place of the powdered sugar. I will just have to try it and see.

Reaction score
I will definitely have to give this a try,can I substitute a 2 1/2 quart casserole dish for the 9x13” pan ?

and can I use homemade whipped topping ? I know it will fall apart fast,that is why I am asking

Reaction score
I'm going to try and make this tonight,I will let ya'll know how it comes out,I've got to make the curd first :)

I did find a 9x13 glass baking dish,so i guess I have all the stuff necessary :)

Reaction score
ugh I had all sorts of problems :) I didn't have all the right ingredients to start with,so I substituted,pineapple chunks for the pecans in the crust and it took it forever to brown up in the oven,is it suppose to have a really crunchy crust ?

and for some reason where it said whipped cream,I thought cool whip,I did pick up a tub,thank goodness :) I had some left over whipping cream in the freezer,but it pretty well turned into butter when I tried to whip it :)

but the Lemon Curd came out excellent,I will have to make more of that and my layers came out really thin,it was hard to get my glass dish covered,I think the curd came out to 1 1/2 cup full,my layers don't look nowhere as thick as yours

but it does cure the craving for sweet stuff and it taste really good,I've covered it with some cling wrap and put it in the fridge,I will definitely make some more of this and make sure I have all the right stuff next time,here are a couple pf pictures of the finished product
001.JPG
003.JPG

Reaction score
it taste great too,there is a lot of crunch to the first layer though,come over and eat some Becky,I have made way to much,not that any will go to waste :)

that Lemon Curd recipe is the bomb,thanks for the recipes MissDJ,now i have to get the layers to look like yours and my next Lemon pie will be made of the curd

Reaction score
I way over baked the first or crust Layer for sure,it is tuff,i have to use a sharp knife to cut thru it :)

Ask a Question