Layered pudding dessert

Reaction score
There are many different varieties of layered pudding desserts, and I was curious what you all make yours with. I like to take vanilla pudding, honey grahams or Nila wafers, pumpkin mix or bananas, and layer them all with vanilla pudding.

Reaction score
This is a dessert that I don't really make all that often, but my mother in law makes an amazing layered pudding dessert. Amongst other things it has crushed Oreos, chocolate pudding mix, peanut butter and cream cheese. It's delicious and tastes a bit like a chocolate peanut butter cheesecake! I'll have to get the recipe from her to share.

Reaction score
I like to make lemon dessert... it is layered :) I use digestive biscuits and a mix of lemon juice, evaporated and condensed milk. I mix it in the blended until the consistence gets thicker. I then place a layer of digestive cookies on the bottom of a rectangular container, I then pour some of my mix... I sometimes add some grated dark chocolate and a few pecans. Then I proceed to create the next cookie layer, pour the mix... do the same over and over until I am out of cookies and mix. I get 4 glorious layers in total :)

Reaction score
I like to make lemon dessert... it is layered :) I use digestive biscuits and a mix of lemon juice, evaporated and condensed milk. I mix it in the blended until the consistence gets thicker. I then place a layer of digestive cookies on the bottom of a rectangular container, I then pour some of my mix... I sometimes add some grated dark chocolate and a few pecans. Then I proceed to create the next cookie layer, pour the mix... do the same over and over until I am out of cookies and mix. I get 4 glorious layers in total :)

Now I just have to figure out what digestive biscuits are ;). That sounds yummy!

The only layered pudding desserts I've made are trifles. I haven't made one in a while, since I don't have a crowd here these days, but I usually would make a white one and a chocolate one. The 'white' one would consist of angel food or pound cake, torn up into pieces, vanilla pudding (or another variety if you prefer, such as butterscotch, banana, pistachio, etc.), fruit such as a mix of mandarin oranges, blueberries, strawberries, etc., whichever you prefer, and whipped cream or cool whip. The recipe is made in a trifle (usually footed) bowl, and can be refrigerated until it's time to serve. Each layer is piled on top of one another, starting with the cake, then pudding, whipped cream, fruit, etc., and ending with fresh fruit on top.

The chocolate would be similar, but could be make with devil's food cake or brownies, again, torn or cut into pieces, chocolate pudding (or to lighten it up, a different flavor), whipped cream, fruit or small pieces of cut up candy bars.

If you'd like to lighten it up a bit, you could use angel food cake, vanilla yogurt, whipped cream (or skip the cream), and fresh fruit.

Reaction score
Gosh, @Diane Lane that sounds so decadent... for someone in a diet, hahahaha! So indulgent! Yummy! You have given me a great dessert idea for my next Christmas in the Netherlands. Both the white and chocolate one sounds incredible! I'd make the brownies with the Duncan Hines mix I love.... that is for sure! I'd use only berries for that one :) Maybe a couple nuts?

Reaction score
Gosh, @Diane Lane that sounds so decadent... for someone in a diet, hahahaha! So indulgent! Yummy! You have given me a great dessert idea for my next Christmas in the Netherlands. Both the white and chocolate one sounds incredible! I'd make the brownies with the Duncan Hines mix I love.... that is for sure! I'd use only berries for that one :) Maybe a couple nuts?

@Trellum They're lovely to look at, and can be pretty decadent to eat. Here's one that's sort of a mix of the two I mentioned, except this one has gluten-free cake, and some low-fat ingredients. If you want to make it regular, I'm sure you can substitute the ingredients for regular ones. Here's the link and a pic. http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/strawberry-chocolate-trifle

Attachments

• strawberry chocolate trifle pic.jpg
    strawberry chocolate trifle pic.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 536
Reaction score
I used to make a yummy layered pudding dessert that used angel food cake.
You would cube your angel food cake, mix up a box of instant vanilla pudding, cut up strawberries and thaw a carton of whipped topping (cool whip). Then you layered angel cake, pudding strawberries, whipped topping until you had at least 2 layers. Then refrigerate it until serving. It looked beautiful in a glass see through dish. My kids loved it. Occasionally I made it using chocolate pudding and chocolate chips. Yum.

Reaction score
@Trellum They're lovely to look at, and can be pretty decadent to eat. Here's one that's sort of a mix of the two I mentioned, except this one has gluten-free cake, and some low-fat ingredients. If you want to make it regular, I'm sure you can substitute the ingredients for regular ones. Here's the link and a pic. http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/strawberry-chocolate-trifle

Oh my god!!! They look so pretty!!! I kinda pictured differently in my head when you described it, lol (I always do that), but it doesn't just sound amazing, it also looks like a really amazing dessert! Perfect to serve it individually to the guests after a nice dinner!

Reaction score
I didn't try this dessert by myself.But think it will be great in taste so,sure i will try to make this out and share my experience with you guys.

Reaction score
I used to make a yummy layered pudding dessert that used angel food cake.
You would cube your angel food cake, mix up a box of instant vanilla pudding, cut up strawberries and thaw a carton of whipped topping (cool whip). Then you layered angel cake, pudding strawberries, whipped topping until you had at least 2 layers. Then refrigerate it until serving. It looked beautiful in a glass see through dish. My kids loved it. Occasionally I made it using chocolate pudding and chocolate chips. Yum.

my mom used to make something close to that,she used angel food cake,some strawberries and some strawberry gel and some cool whip,I called it Strawberry Delight,it was great,I need to make some of it,i haven't in a long time

she would smile as me and dad wolfed it down

I bet some vanilla pudding would make it even better,with some pecan nuts added too ;)

Ask a Question