- Mar 10, 2015
- Reaction score
The title is so funny. I Laughed when I read it. It's super easy (or so it seems) and it says it can be done with kids.
- 4 cups / 500g strong white bread flour
- 1 1/2 cups /300ml warm water
- 1 sachet ( 7g or 1 1/2 teaspoons) fast action dried yeast
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Measure out all the ingredients into a large bowl and combine them together using 30 kneading movements.
- Leave for 10 minutes then knead again using 30 movements. My kids like to use the kitchen timer to sound the alarm when the next round of kneading is required.
- Leave for another 10 minutes then knead again using 30 movements.
- Leave the dough in a warm place for 30 minutes, with a clean cloth covering the top of the bowl.
- Then knead lightly and shape the dough into a round. Place it on a greased baking tray.
- Leave for another 30 minutes in a warm place* and pre-heat the oven to 450F (Gas Mark 8). (*on top of the pre-heating oven is perfect)
- Bake the bread for 20-25 minutes.