Lazy Woman Bread (or Kids Bread)

Reaction score
The title is so funny. I Laughed when I read it. It's super easy (or so it seems) and it says it can be done with kids.

Ingredients:
  • 4 cups / 500g strong white bread flour
  • 1 1/2 cups /300ml warm water
  • 1 sachet ( 7g or 1 1/2 teaspoons) fast action dried yeast
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil

Instructions:
  1. Measure out all the ingredients into a large bowl and combine them together using 30 kneading movements.
  2. Leave for 10 minutes then knead again using 30 movements. My kids like to use the kitchen timer to sound the alarm when the next round of kneading is required.
  3. Leave for another 10 minutes then knead again using 30 movements.
  4. Leave the dough in a warm place for 30 minutes, with a clean cloth covering the top of the bowl.
  5. Then knead lightly and shape the dough into a round. Place it on a greased baking tray.
  6. Leave for another 30 minutes in a warm place* and pre-heat the oven to 450F (Gas Mark 8). (*on top of the pre-heating oven is perfect)
  7. Bake the bread for 20-25 minutes.
I think I may try it with my king so he can shape it any way he wants. LOL

IMG_6007.jpg

Reaction score
This sounds amazing! I laughed at the title as well, I love this kind of recipes because I can definitely see myself trying this with my little niece once she gets older :)

Reaction score
I've added this to sugar cookies recommended on another thread in this forum. Those are going to be my two projects to work on with my king this holiday. One for Xmas and the other for Three Kings Day. Can't wait. He enjoyes helping me in the kitchen so much but this time he gets to shape something. (He usually helps mixing and prepping but when it comes to the "hot" part he'll drop some spoonfuls - usually pancakes- but then lets mommy do it because it's hot. At least this time all I'd need to do is slide into oven and slide out his ,masterpieces). So excited.

Reaction score
The title: It made me laugh and I immediately came here to see what's calling my name with the lazy talk. I just love quick and easy and if the kids can do it so can I. These shapes remind me of when I was making some treats for my dogs 'freestyle".

Reaction score
Hey, sometimes you do just need a lazy, uncomplicated recipe! I can't wait until my little one is old enough to do fun projects like this in the kitchen. I'll have to save this until then!

Reaction score
I've added this to sugar cookies recommended on another thread in this forum. Those are going to be my two projects to work on with my king this holiday. One for Xmas and the other for Three Kings Day. Can't wait. He enjoyes helping me in the kitchen so much but this time he gets to shape something. (He usually helps mixing and prepping but when it comes to the "hot" part he'll drop some spoonfuls - usually pancakes- but then lets mommy do it because it's hot. At least this time all I'd need to do is slide into oven and slide out his ,masterpieces). So excited.

Sounds like an awesome plan =D I'm sure your king will love all the creativity involved! Specially the colors involved in the decoration of sugar cookies, heck, even I enjoy that part, lol! Do you guys celebrate 3 kings day? Do you guys eat the ''rosca de reyes''? I love that tradition, specially when I know there is a little ''muñequito'' hiding somewhere inside the rosca =D

Reaction score
Yes we do, but we don't really eat the "rosca de reyes". It's mainly in Spain and Mexico. Here we are too busy eating "Arroz con gandules y pernil" and "arroz dulce" and "coquito". LOLOL

In my home specifically, although I'm the baker I don't really have a sweet tooth. My partner does. Now my king does too which is why I'm picking up baking more often.

("Arroz con gandules y pernil" -rice and pigeon peas and pork leg
"arroz dulce" -sweet rice (like a pudding type of rice)
"coquito" -a type of eggnog)

Reaction score
@ThatNewMommy My family came from Spain :) That is how i know about that holiday, it's been a while since I last tried the rosca de reyes to be honest, main reason is that the ones they sell at the store are very expensive and I don't feel gifted enough to try making my own ;) I had never heard about coquito, but I had heard about arroz dulce,, do you make it with milk?

Reaction score
Personally, I've never done either. I think what they use is evaporated milk...or is it condensed milk? LOL It's one of those (maybe both?) and eggs and rum and cinnamon I think. I don't drink it but every home I visit during the holidays ALWAYS has a bottle.

Reaction score
Oh no, then the one I had in mind is a bit different then. This one you mentioned sounds a bit like eggnog (which I love)! The mix of all those ingredients sound great! I'm not sure, but I will go ahead and ask... do you know any recipe for that? I am just very curious to see what we are really talking about here :)

Reaction score
So I checked and was corrected. LOL Coquito does NOT have egg. 'Girl, eggnog has eggs, coquito doesn't. THAT's the difference.' :D:D:D

There are different amounts depending on who's making it but basically it's
equal parts of condensed milk and evaporated milk
coconut cream to taste
1 tsp vanilla extract
ground cinnamon
rum to taste

You mix everything except the rum in a blender until it's thoroughly mixed, then add the rum. Mix in the rum and then pour into a bottle and chill. It is best drank cold.

Here are two variations:
  • 2 cans evaporated milk
  • 2 cans condensed milk
  • 1 can coconut cream
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 1 tsp cinnamon
  • White rum to taste

• 2 cans coconut cream
  • 1 can evaporated milk
  • 1 can condensed milk
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1 tbsp ground cinammon
  • 1/2 cup cognac
  • 1 quart white rum
As you can tell, MANY people do it differently. That's when when the holidays comes some people say 'I have my coquito person.' ;):)

Reaction score
Awesome! thanks a lot for both recipes :D You are awesome! That drink sounds amazing! I liked the first one most, I might actually try it! I love coconut cream and rum, when I was younger i loved to drink piña colada, lol. This sounds like a Caribbean drink, isn't it? Either way it sounds amazing, thanks a lot, @ThatNewMommy Everyday I learn something new here!!!

Reaction score
This recipe looks right up my alley. I like ones where I can do something, then rest, then do another little bit, and so on. Only having to knead 30 times is a bonus, as well, since my hands/wrists don't always allow for more than that. I haven't made bread in a while, I'll have to see what I have on hand for yeast, and maybe I can attempt this one :).

Reaction score
Awesome! thanks a lot for both recipes :D You are awesome! That drink sounds amazing! I liked the first one most, I might actually try it! I love coconut cream and rum, when I was younger i loved to drink piña colada, lol. This sounds like a Caribbean drink, isn't it? Either way it sounds amazing, thanks a lot, @ThatNewMommy Everyday I learn something new here!!!
Yes, it's a traditional drink from Puerto Rico. Some people even put chocolate in it. Yesterday I was at the store and saw they already have bottles out to sell. They were so pretty!!! I was telling my partner that all this coquito talk and the bottles may be a sign that I should make some to sell this year to make a couple of bucks. I need to get a taste tester though. Anyway, hope you enjoy it. :)

Reaction score
Thanks a lot for everything. You have given me so many ideas and information! I will surely try this next Christmas! That sounds like a great idea, by the way! I know a woman who makes her own fruit liquors and sells them all year round. I personally love the taste of homemade liquors. That is the only reason I go to this one fair they have every year over here ;D To buy some quince and pecan liquor!

Reaction score
So I checked and was corrected. LOL Coquito does NOT have egg. 'Girl, eggnog has eggs, coquito doesn't. THAT's the difference.' :D:D:D

There are different amounts depending on who's making it but basically it's
equal parts of condensed milk and evaporated milk
coconut cream to taste
1 tsp vanilla extract
ground cinnamon
rum to taste

You mix everything except the rum in a blender until it's thoroughly mixed, then add the rum. Mix in the rum and then pour into a bottle and chill. It is best drank cold.

Here are two variations:
  • 2 cans evaporated milk
  • 2 cans condensed milk
  • 1 can coconut cream
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 1 tsp cinnamon
  • White rum to taste
  • 2 cans coconut cream
  • 1 can evaporated milk
  • 1 can condensed milk
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1 tbsp ground cinammon
  • 1/2 cup cognac
  • 1 quart white rum
As you can tell, MANY people do it differently. That's when when the holidays comes some people say 'I have my coquito person.' ;):)

Wow, how did I miss these recipes? They're right up my alley, I love coconut, and this sounds like something I'll have to try making. Thanks for posting the recipes/variations, that's always helpful in case I have one thing here but not the other!

Reaction score
If you like homemade liquors you may like our "pitorro". It's another traditional drink, especially around Xmas time. Difference between pitorro and coquito is that coquito is made with rum where as pitorro is a kind of rum itself...oh...and pitorro is illegal. ;):D:D:D

There are lot of rum companies here so feds usually crack down on those that make pitorro. Especially since sometimes it may be made with much more percentage of alcohol than the illegal ones. But it's so traditional that there have been spins of it made with different fruits added into it.

Walk into most any home during the holidays and you'll find a bottle or two of pitorro. Usually hidden away from others' eyes until the party starts. Even then, if the party is outside, it's hidden because you know...illegal.

I'm not much of a drinker so I haven't even tried it because of the huge alcohol content in it. But those that drink...love it. It's part of our tradition.

There are tshirts that read something like Pitorro: kills germs, kills colds, starts lawnmowers.:D:D:D:D:D

Reaction score
If you like homemade liquors you may like our "pitorro". It's another traditional drink, especially around Xmas time. Difference between pitorro and coquito is that coquito is made with rum where as pitorro is a kind of rum itself...oh...and pitorro is illegal. ;):D:D:D

There are lot of rum companies here so feds usually crack down on those that make pitorro. Especially since sometimes it may be made with much more percentage of alcohol than the illegal ones. But it's so traditional that there have been spins of it made with different fruits added into it.

Walk into most any home during the holidays and you'll find a bottle or two of pitorro. Usually hidden away from others' eyes until the party starts. Even then, if the party is outside, it's hidden because you know...illegal.

I'm not much of a drinker so I haven't even tried it because of the huge alcohol content in it. But those that drink...love it. It's part of our tradition.

There are tshirts that read something like Pitorro: kills germs, kills colds, starts lawnmowers.:D:D:D:D:D

Haha, I love the tshirt slogan! Back home, some of my family and my neighbors would make their own liquor. A friend's father would make wine in his cellar. Needless to say, as teenagers, we had to sample that. I love old family recipes, but somehow those escaped my clutches. I'm a lightweight these days, and probably couldn't handle much pitorro, but it sure sounds like it'd be great to try, at least once :D;).

Reaction score
@ThatNewMommy Lol, oh my... that sounds so tempting! And with a name like that who could resist it? Pitorro, lol. Ok, I should add this to the ''to try'' list, the ''to try list before dying'', lol. But seriously... what kind of alcohol percentage are we talking about here?? We must be talking about a really high number, lol, specially if it is true it can start lawnmowers :D Oh girl, you open my eyes to so many new things with every post! :confused: I love it :D

Reaction score
I asked my partner (he drinks it) he says it can easily be 50% or more. He also told me they have a legal kind but 'it's not REAL pitorro" because they have to make it within the legal limits of alcohol. (He made a face.) LOLOL He says the legal kind is good but it's not "gooooood". LOLOLOL Other years I've asked how pitorro is made but everyone I asked has a different version. Much more difference between the pitorro recipes than the coquito ones. Doesn't look like I'll ever track that recipe down.:rolleyes::D

Ask a Question