Left Over Turkey Delight

Reaction score
004.JPG

i'm going to use a sack of left over Turkey and make it delightful :) I'm sure ya'll have your own versions of it,to me the basic is a can of cream of whatever soup you like,some turkey and peas,which is very good ;)

I've just kept adding stuff to it,my mom told me years ago to get some cream of tater soup,peas and some left over turkey,mom all ways took good care of me :)

I'm going to add some jalapenos this year and see what happens,hmmm I probably should use those as a garnish,just to be safe,i do use about half of that block of cream cheese or less ,as you can see it is pretty much anything you want to throw in it

I thought a picture would be easier than listing the ingredients,please post what you do with your left over turkey,I have a bunch in the freezer and I'm open to suggestions as what to do with it lol

oooh I have had to add more cream of mushroom soup,if i get to much stuff in it ,which happens often :)

Reaction score
ooh i could make a pot pie out of it too,I may give that a try and see how good it turns out,of course it will be way to big for my deep dish pie pan

a casserole then ? what about some pie crust for a topping and a bottom in the casserole dish ? oh maybe some home made butter milk biscuits on top of the casserole ? or corn bread? dang now I will have to decide what to do with it

would it be better to use a cast Iron skillet for the corn bread pot pie ? dang another decision to be made lol

Reaction score
I was kind of thinking of a pot pie. I really like flaky pie crust for mine though. Biscuit or cornbread topping could work too. I'm not quite sure what I'm going to put in mine yet. Probably potatoes, carrots, onions... I will have to leave out the peas though. We don't do peas around here.

Reaction score
We have a ton of leftover turkey too, and have been using a bit here and there each day since Thanskgiving. Mainly in soups and sandwiches - but something like a pot pie sounds like a good variation! I have to be creative with ways of using it all up, otherwise it gets boring, fast!!

Reaction score
Leftover Meat Uses:

Sandwiches
Pot Pies (yum)
BBQ (shred it or chop it up and mix BBQ sauce with it)
Chop it up and mix in a casserole
Tacos
Soup or Stew
Spaghetti or some noodle dish
Sliced into "steaks" and fried, topped with mushroom gravy
Turkey Parmesan (or ham, beef, or ?)
Nuggets (cut into large cubes, dip in batter and quick fry)
Chop up for salad
Quiche (chop up meat and put into quiche mixture)
Croquettes
Pitas
Burritos
Panini (meat, swiss cheese, avacado, tomato...mmmmm)

A piece of fried ham goes good with eggs and toast!

Finely chop meat, mix with mashed potatoes and make "pancakes"/fry them.
Top with a mixture of salad greens and chopped fruit.

Reaction score
what do you use for the flaky pie crust Zyni? hmmm just some dollops of biscuit dough or corn bread for a topping ? i assume you can bake it all at once ?

I'm looking for a flaky pie crust recipe mainly,I need to improve what i have been using for pies

Reaction score
I have lots of leftover turkey too. My daughter doesn't like anything turkey so I will have to figure out a creative way to use it so she will actually eat it!! LOL!
I love casseroles and anything I can do in the crockpot. Maybe I should shred it and mix it with chicken for enchiladas to "hide" the flavor! :)

Reaction score
I have lots of leftover turkey too. My daughter doesn't like anything turkey so I will have to figure out a creative way to use it so she will actually eat it!! LOL!
I love casseroles and anything I can do in the crockpot. Maybe I should shred it and mix it with chicken for enchiladas to "hide" the flavor! :)

If you have a lot of turkey to use, you can make a meatloaf.

Make your usual recipe for meatloaf, but add in ground up turkey in it. Usually about 1/4 of the amount of other meat you use for the meatloaf. So, if you use 2 pounds of ground beef, use half a pound of finely diced or grated turkey in it.

Whatever other meat dishes you make, you can add some finely diced up turkey to it also. The other meat should work as the main flavor, and the added turkey should work as the bulk ingredient. That way, you get the taste of the main ingredient, but not the taste of the turkey.

Hmmm.....hope that makes sense.

Reaction score
Meatloaf is a good idea! I hadn't thought of that. She actually likes meatloaf too. I do find turkey kind of bland though - do you? But I guess that is where spices come in to mask the flavors! Lol :)
Great idea too adding the bulk as other meat and turkey just to make up difference! Thanks!

Reaction score
Meatloaf is a good idea! I hadn't thought of that. She actually likes meatloaf too. I do find turkey kind of bland though - do you? But I guess that is where spices come in to mask the flavors! Lol :)
Great idea too adding the bulk as other meat and turkey just to make up difference! Thanks!

You can thank my granny for most of my ideas. Although she didn't actually teach me to cook or bake, I watched how she did things while I was growing up.

She was from The Great Depression era, and she says nothing was wasted, EVER! There is a use for everything, even if you think it's just trash......SOMETHING can be done with it.

So, I learned a lot of that way of thinking from her too.

Ask a Question