Leftover marshmallow

Reaction score
It's actually not leftover but a big pack of marshmallow on a sale tempted my husband's hand to grab it. Back home, he ate some and thought about it before posing this question to me - what dessert can I add the marshmallows to? He was hinting on a dessert that you can heat in the oven (or oven toaster) with the marshmallows by the side which will melt to blend with the dessert. Until now I haven't thought of that dessert yet but I'm sure my husband has already something in his sleeves.

Any suggestion of a dessert that would taste great with melted marshmallows?

Reaction score
The first thing I thought was Rice Krispie squares - we used to make them a lot growing up using melted marshmallows. You could jazz them up by drizzling melted chocolate over the top to decorate!

Fae

Reaction score
Yams and pumpkin pie first came to mind, then I realized the marshmallows don't blend into either of those desserts. It sounds like it could be good to turn into a marshmallow creme for a bar dessert or layered cake. Not a visual blend, but similar in soft textures. I think some fudge recipes also fully blend in marshmallows to improve the texture.

Reaction score
Someone in the house suggested gelatin. Place the marshmallow around a cooked gelatin and heat it in the microwave or oven toaster. It sounded tasty enough but I didn't go for it because marshmallow doesn't look good with a gelatin. Until now I am still in search of how to use that extra marshmallow. Well, my mind is veering towards something that is chocolatey or milky that would be pretty good with a melted marshmallow.

Ask a Question