LEMON CHEESECAKE CRESCENT ROLLS

Reaction score
Lemon-Cheesecake-Rolls.jpg

http://diethood.com/lemon-cheesecake-crescent-rolls/

Reaction score
Those look delicious and pretty easy to make. I think I'd want to try a batch of raspberry cheesecake crescent rolls, too, and I'll bet they'd be amazing with blueberries, as well!

Reaction score
That is a wonderful idea :) I looooove berries! I don't know where I read it, but I read somewhere we should all have some berries everyday, so what better way than this? Hahaha, I know they didn't have this in mind, but hey, life is short ;)

Reaction score
I love the picture. I think they'd be really tasty with a cup of tea for breakfast, lunch or a snack. I think they would work well as a dessert, too, they seem as if they'd be plenty sweet, but not overly so. I've been thinking about this recipe since I first saw it posted the other day, and I shared it elsewhere, too. I think I'm going to have to try making them at some point. I have some frozen blueberries, but I think I'll wait until I can get some nice plump fresh ones.

Reaction score
I am all for any cheesy mixture in the crescent rolls. Bought my first set some weeks ago and added ham and cheese. Some were a little rough looking as I had a slight problem with some of the dough but overall it was a good treat.

Reaction score
I love being able to use crescent roll dough for baked goods - all pre-prepared and ready to go. I'm also a big fan of lemon flavored baked goods. My husband though doesn't care for lemon all that much...I guess that's all the more for me, right? ;) Maybe I'll wait to make these until I have an occasion with more people at my house, otherwise that will be dangerous!

Reaction score
I am a huge fan of crescents. I make one of my favorite cookies out of crescent rolls. Regardless, these look super tasty. I bet you swap out any flavor for the lemon you desired with fresh fruit or even just flavored jam. I pretty much like any pastry with cream cheese filling. Anything that tastes like cheesecake is OK in my book!

Reaction score
@Winterybella Ham and cheese sounds good. I used to make those years ago, but haven't used crescent rolls for much lately. I also like to use jam/preserves the way @Lisa Davis mentioned, stuffing them in pastry, as well as for marinating meat.

Reaction score
I am a huge fan of crescents. I make one of my favorite cookies out of crescent rolls. Regardless, these look super tasty. I bet you swap out any flavor for the lemon you desired with fresh fruit or even just flavored jam. I pretty much like any pastry with cream cheese filling. Anything that tastes like cheesecake is OK in my book!

I have never heard of cookies made from crescent rolls. Sounds interesting.

I am all for any cheesy mixture in the crescent rolls. Bought my first set some weeks ago and added ham and cheese. Some were a little rough looking as I had a slight problem with some of the dough but overall it was a good treat.

I have made sandwiches with them like this. Turkey and Swiss is a good one as well.

That is a wonderful idea :) I looooove berries! I don't know where I read it, but I read somewhere we should all have some berries everyday, so what better way than this? Hahaha, I know they didn't have this in mind, but hey, life is short ;)

That recipe looks great. I do like the idea of berries too. Good idea, Diane. Yes, berries are very healthy, which is great for me, because I like all of them.

Reaction score
I think crescent roll dough is really good for pizza and for making pot pies.

I've had filled crescents before, but it was some sort of chocolate mixture that was dry and bitter.
I didn't care for it. Cheesecake filling would be awesome with crescent dough!!!!

Reaction score
Well my mouth is officially watering now. I happen to love croissants, and when you can add a little sweetness it is all the better. Now, on top of that you are giving me a little tart flavor with some lemon, and now I have to say that I very intrigued. This sounds perfect for the summertime too and a good way to snack, so thanks for sharing.

Reaction score
I wonder if it's key lime season? I just saw another recipe for something similar the other day, and both that and yours look yummy @cupcakechef. I'm out of the habit of buying cream cheese for some reason. I used to always keep it here, but maybe I stopped when I started making my own ricotta. I'll bet ricotta would be very nice in those cheesecake bars, too, as long as it was firm, not watery, like the pre-packaged kind sold in most stores.

Reaction score
Well, now I really want something sweet. I'm kind of stuck on apples at the moment. I could see doing an apple turnover type thing with crescent rolls and a glaze.

@Diane Lane, ricotta sounds delish for something like this. Now, I'm imagining all sorts of possibilities.

I shouldn't come to this site when I'm hungry. :p

Reaction score
I wonder if it's key lime season? I just saw another recipe for something similar the other day, and both that and yours look yummy @cupcakechef. I'm out of the habit of buying cream cheese for some reason. I used to always keep it here, but maybe I stopped when I started making my own ricotta. I'll bet ricotta would be very nice in those cheesecake bars, too, as long as it was firm, not watery, like the pre-packaged kind sold in most stores.

It's ALWAYS Key Lime season!!!!
:D:D:D

Reaction score
I just made a quick bread, so don't need additional sweets in the house, but these lemon cheesecake crescent rolls have been on my mind. I might pick up some crescent rolls the next time I go shopping, so I have them on hand for when the craving hits.

@ChesterV Yes, they sure are delicious. Even though I've had key lime dishes back home and also here in Texas, the best key lime anything I've ever had was in Sarasota, FL, so I always think of Florida when I think of key limes.

Reaction score
I just made a quick bread, so don't need additional sweets in the house, but these lemon cheesecake crescent rolls have been on my mind. I might pick up some crescent rolls the next time I go shopping, so I have them on hand for when the craving hits.

@ChesterV Yes, they sure are delicious. Even though I've had key lime dishes back home and also here in Texas, the best key lime anything I've ever had was in Sarasota, FL, so I always think of Florida when I think of key limes.

I miss being able to chug limeade during the summer!!!!!
Cant do it anymore because not supposed to have that much sugar.
And I have tried it with artificial sweetener, and its just gross....so sugar or nothing for me.

Reaction score
There is something about the crescent that just seems to appeal to me, and it has always been the perfect little breakfast for me. I usually have a bigger breakfast later, or more of a brunch type meal or early lunch, but I like starting my day with something light, and the crescent is perfect. I do love a little lemon taste, too, so this seems right up my alley. Thanks for sharing.

Reaction score
I miss being able to chug limeade during the summer!!!!!
Cant do it anymore because not supposed to have that much sugar.
And I have tried it with artificial sweetener, and its just gross....so sugar or nothing for me.

Oh, man, does limeade sound good right now. I used to really enjoy that, but I don't need the extra sugar either. If I'm going to splurge, I'd rather "spend" my sugar on baked goods. Every time.

I can pass up those snack cakes and junk no problem, but real, homemade, baked goods... those are my downfall.

Ask a Question