Lemon Cookies

Reaction score
Does anyone have a recipe for lemon cookies that they have actually used. I really want to make some, but for some reason I'm hesitant to just pick a random recipe online. For the most part they are the same, but I've seen some that vary. So I just wanted to find a good one, and have it taste right the first time.

Reaction score
I do not have a lemon cookie recipe that I have tried. I too would like to get a good one. I love lemon cookies.

Reaction score
I would just buy a lemon cake mix, and make them into cookies. That's what I usually do for unique flavored cookies. Like Strawberry, Carrot, Coconut and just any cake batter. I don't have a specific recipe but that's how I make it. Specifically for butter cookies. I just use a butter cake mix with extra butter and less liquids. That's basically my cookie batter.

Reaction score
Here is a quick easy recipe for lemon cookies that I like. Simple and easy clean-up.

1 c. shortening
1 c. sugar
2 eggs
2 c. self-rising flour
1 tsp. lemon extract
mix all ingredients together and roll into small balls...put on ungreased cookie sheets and press top of each with a fork...bake at 300 degrees until lightly golden... cool and enjoy!

Reaction score
I do the cake mix version too. 1 box lemon cake mix, 2 eggs, and about 1/2 cup of oil or applesauce, mix up, drop on cookie sheet, and bake at 375 for about 10 min I think..... or its 350 for about 12 to 14? I will have to look that up! brain fried! LOL

Reaction score
I have made a lemon cookie simply by adding lemon zest to a sugar cookie recipe. I have done this with both a rolled and cut sugar cookie as well as a drop sugar cookie. This has turned out a very good lemon flavored cookie. I like to use at least a tablespoon of lemon zest in the cookies.

Reaction score
I do the cake box version and they turn out well. I've even added sugar on top of them as soon as they come out. Another cookie I make are the lemon whoopy pies with cream filling in the middle then roll around in yellow dyed sugar.

Reaction score
Hm, I don't have a recipe for them unfortunately. I'm not too big on lemon cookies but I wouldn't mind trying them if someone had a fantastic recipe they've used before.

Ask a Question