Spread on scones, biscuits, crumpets or muffins
Use as a filling for cupcakes
Use as a filling for tart shells - cover with blueberries or
Use as a filling in homemade doughnuts
Serve with blueberry pancakes
Use to fill crepes
Spoon on top of plain Greek yogurt
Use to top ice cream or gelato
Add to Strawberry Shortcake (slather on the inside of the split biscuit, before adding the macerated strawberries)
Make a parfait (Alternate layers of lemon curd, fresh whipped cream and fresh berries. Garnish with a mint sprig)
Use as a filling for Layered Lemon Delight

Eat it plain, with a spoon... :D

My favorite recipe:

Lemon Curd
3 large eggs
3/4 cup (150 grams) granulated white sugar
1/3 cup (80 ml) fresh lemon juice (2-3 lemons) strain to remove pulp and seeds
4 Tablespoons (56 grams) unsalted butter, at room temperature
1 Tablespoon (4 grams) finely shredded lemon zest (Zest is the yellow, sweet-flavored outer rind of the lemon. A zester or fine grater can be used to remove the zest)
Directions
In a stainless steel bowl placed over a saucepan of simmering water, whisk together the eggs, sugar, and lemon juice until blended.

Cook, stirring constantly (to prevent it from curdling), until the mixture becomes thick (like sour cream or a hollandaise sauce) (160 degrees F or 71 degrees C). This will take approximately 10 minutes.

Remove from heat and immediately pour through a fine strainer to remove any lumps.

Cut the butter into small pieces and whisk into the mixture until the butter has melted.

Add the lemon zest and let cool. The lemon curd will continue to thicken as it cools. Cover immediately (so a skin doesn't form) and refrigerate for up to a week.

Makes 1 1/2 cups (360 ml).

Note: If you want a lighter lemon curd, whip 1/2 cup (120 ml) of heavy whipping cream and fold into the lemon curd.

TIPS:
  • Use FRESH lemon juice, NOT bottled
  • Cold lemons are much easier to grate.
  • Always remove the zest first before halving and squeezing the lemon (your fingers will thank you)
  • Room temperature lemons provide more juice. After squeezing, strain the juice to remove any pulp.

Reaction score
It is always refreshing to have some lemon flavors in cakes and pastries. I never use lemon curds before and nice to have a recipe here in which I can try. Thanks for sharing! ;)

Reaction score
I've always wanted to have a go at making lemon curd - thanks for sharing your recipe, I'll put it on my 'to be made' list! Have you ever tried it with other fruits - eg passionfruit?

Reaction score
I've always wanted to have a go at making lemon curd - thanks for sharing your recipe, I'll put it on my 'to be made' list! Have you ever tried it with other fruits - eg passionfruit?
The only variation I've tried so far is lime curd. I was planning to use mandarin oranges next, but now you've got me itching to try something more adventurous. I believe that's peer pressure... :p

Reaction score
Umm... that sounds real delicious! Never tried it before, but I will like to give it a try! :p Thank you for sharing this wonderful recipe!!! :D

Reaction score
You might want to try looking for Meyer lemons to make this recipe. I find they're not as sour as most lemons, but still have good lemon flavor. (Then again, some people like the sourness!)

Reaction score
I like this, especially making it for my own blueberry pancakes. This is a very detailed, easy to understand recipe. Great job. Do you have any pictures of your own?

Reaction score
I'm going to use the lemon curd recipe for a pie,for Thanksgiving and it should be great :)

Reaction score
I used a ceramic bowl over a pot for a double boiler and it had the color I wanted,I did try to make a pie from the curd recipe and it didn't work right at all lol I doubled the recipe for a deep dish pie and it took forever to get it to thicken,i think I stirred for close to an hour to get it thick and a lot of it cooked away so my Thanksgiving pie showed a lot of crust:) rustic looking is the best way to describe it too lol

any tips on what I done wrong when I doubled the recipe would be appreciated,but it did taste good, ,could it be my pot of boiling water and the bowl weren't what you would call a good fit all either?

I'll post this question in the curd thread as well :)

Ask a Question