Lemon Meringue pie

Reaction score
I am looking for a great Lemon Meringue Pie recipe and I am not having any luck. My mother had a great recipe when I was a kid but she lost it. If anyone has a good recipe I would appreciate it.

Reaction score
I've made several lemon pies but they've not turned out the way I wanted them to. The meringue seems to be my failure every time. If someone knows of a great recipe, I'm interested also.

Reaction score
Sounds like you and I need "Amelia Bedelia" lol. Don't know if you have read the book. Amelia was about to be fired until her boss tasted that pie. Any it looks like we all need a good recipe. Just adding my voice to those begging for a recipe. Thanks!

Reaction score
4 eggs separated
2 lemons, rind and juice
1 3/4 cup sugar
1tbls flour
7tbls cornstarch
1/4 tsp salt
1 tbls butter
2 cups boiling water

Add sugar, cornstarch, flour, in saucepan add 2 cups boiling water, and turn heat on burner to med high. Bring to a boil, add yolks stir constantly, add rind, add lemon juice add butter remove from heat when it's reached desired thickness.

Ask a Question