Lemon Pie

Reaction score
this is my 3rd or 4th attempt at making one,I'm using this recipe

http://www.jennycancook.com/recipes/lemon-meringue-pie/

I didn't go with the Meringue topping,I'm going to make some whipped topping for it later,and yes I know to keep that in the fridge

for some reason I can't get the filling to be the same color as hers,it is probably me over cooking the filling,I guess ,,any ideas ?

and I'm waiting to see if it sets good this time,for some reason it seems to not won't to ,but it taste about the same,so I will wait anxiously to see how it comes out :)

Attachments

• 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    109.9 KB · Views: 405
Reaction score
Your pie might not look the same color simply because of the lighting, I can easily see that one slice she photographed is exposed to a lot light an in a perfect angle ;) So don't worry too much about that, as long as the consistency is right everything is ok ;)

Reaction score
Well, this was not what I was expecting but it looks good enough. Justme4910, don't worry yourself too much about the look. I am convinced that a lot of these pictures we see online are enhanced or professionally taken. You said it taste fine so I'd be happy about that as well as the consistency that Trellum mentioned.

Reaction score
this is my 3rd or 4th attempt at making one,I'm using this recipe

http://www.jennycancook.com/recipes/lemon-meringue-pie/

I didn't go with the Meringue topping,I'm going to make some whipped topping for it later,and yes I know to keep that in the fridge

for some reason I can't get the filling to be the same color as hers,it is probably me over cooking the filling,I guess ,,any ideas ?

and I'm waiting to see if it sets good this time,for some reason it seems to not won't to ,but it taste about the same,so I will wait anxiously to see how it comes out :)

I agree. I have online shops, and some people can do magic with their photography. The color of the pie is probably enhanced so it looks nothing like the one in her kitchen. I'd be more concerned about the flavor, and as long as it tastes good and the filling firmed up the way it needs to, you should be all set.

Reaction score
Well, this was not what I was expecting but it looks good enough. Justme4910, don't worry yourself too much about the look. I am convinced that a lot of these pictures we see online are enhanced or professionally taken. You said it taste fine so I'd be happy about that as well as the consistency that Trellum mentioned.

what do you mean good enough ? are you making fun of my pie ?

I'm just kidding :)

it did taste pretty good and the crust came out better this time,what do ya'll think of that crust recipe ?

I need a new electric stove,but i'm thinking of selling my place,so that will have to wait,unless i come across a cheap one,I think that is affecting my baking as far as temperature control

I didn't cook it as hot this time,i think if I cook it a little lower and take it off sooner it will be closer in color,but it did taste really good and next time I will attempt a meringue

I assume save some lemon zest for the meringue ?

Reaction score
here is a picture of my last one,I guess I should have taken a slice out of it first

Attachments

• 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    109.9 KB · Views: 459
Reaction score
I just made a Lemon Meringue pie,this is my first try at a Meringue,hopefully it comes out good,it is done and cooling down,I'm hoping the filling sets,it looked a bit thin when I poured it in the pie shell ,here is a picture :)

003.JPG

well i do have to say it looks pretty good,now if it just tastes as good as it looks,everything will be OK :)

I see you checking it out Bella lol

Reaction score
That looks great, as well as delicious. I love when the meringue tips get slightly browned like that. @justme4910 did the filling set the way it was supposed to? I think you did an amazing job for your first time making it!

Ask a Question