Lemon Pie

Discussion in 'Desserts' started by justme4910, Sep 27, 2015.

1. justme4910

justme4910 Well-Known Member

this is my 3rd or 4th attempt at making one,I'm using this recipe

http://www.jennycancook.com/recipes/lemon-meringue-pie/

I didn't go with the Meringue topping,I'm going to make some whipped topping for it later,and yes I know to keep that in the fridge

for some reason I can't get the filling to be the same color as hers,it is probably me over cooking the filling,I guess ,,any ideas ?

and I'm waiting to see if it sets good this time,for some reason it seems to not won't to ,but it taste about the same,so I will wait anxiously to see how it comes out :)

Attached Files:

• 002.JPG
      002.JPG
      File size:
      109.9 KB
      Views:
    justme4910, Sep 27, 2015
    Diane Lane likes this.
    1. Advertisements

2. justme4910

Trellum Well-Known Member

Your pie might not look the same color simply because of the lighting, I can easily see that one slice she photographed is exposed to a lot light an in a perfect angle ;) So don't worry too much about that, as long as the consistency is right everything is ok ;)

Trellum, Sep 28, 2015
    1. Advertisements

3. justme4910

Winterybella Well-Known Member

Well, this was not what I was expecting but it looks good enough. Justme4910, don't worry yourself too much about the look. I am convinced that a lot of these pictures we see online are enhanced or professionally taken. You said it taste fine so I'd be happy about that as well as the consistency that Trellum mentioned.

Winterybella, Sep 28, 2015
  4. justme4910

Diane Lane Well-Known Member

I agree. I have online shops, and some people can do magic with their photography. The color of the pie is probably enhanced so it looks nothing like the one in her kitchen. I'd be more concerned about the flavor, and as long as it tastes good and the filling firmed up the way it needs to, you should be all set.

Diane Lane, Sep 30, 2015
  5. justme4910

what do you mean good enough ? are you making fun of my pie ?

I'm just kidding :)

it did taste pretty good and the crust came out better this time,what do ya'll think of that crust recipe ?

I need a new electric stove,but i'm thinking of selling my place,so that will have to wait,unless i come across a cheap one,I think that is affecting my baking as far as temperature control

I didn't cook it as hot this time,i think if I cook it a little lower and take it off sooner it will be closer in color,but it did taste really good and next time I will attempt a meringue

I assume save some lemon zest for the meringue ?

justme4910, Oct 1, 2015
  6. justme4910

cookiesfromhome Active Member

According to its consistency, it looks good enough.I never tried them but think its taste sounds great.

cookiesfromhome, Oct 10, 2015
  7. justme4910

here is a picture of my last one,I guess I should have taken a slice out of it first

Attached Files:

• 002.JPG
      002.JPG
      File size:
      109.9 KB
      Views:
    justme4910, Oct 13, 2015
  8. justme4910

i think i have the color figured out,I used MissDJs recipe for a lemon curd,this is it

https://www.baking-forums.com/threads/lemon-curd-uses-and-recipe.108/

it had the color that I was wanting and it was just using a double boiler to get the desired color,I'm going to be making a Lemon pie for thanksgiving,I will let ya'll know how it comes out and thank you MissDJ

that Lemon curd tasted great :)

justme4910, Nov 22, 2015
  9. justme4910

I just made a Lemon Meringue pie,this is my first try at a Meringue,hopefully it comes out good,it is done and cooling down,I'm hoping the filling sets,it looked a bit thin when I poured it in the pie shell ,here is a picture :)

003.JPG

well i do have to say it looks pretty good,now if it just tastes as good as it looks,everything will be OK :)

I see you checking it out Bella lol

justme4910, Dec 28, 2015
    Diane Lane likes this.
  10. justme4910

Diane Lane Well-Known Member

That looks great, as well as delicious. I love when the meringue tips get slightly browned like that. @justme4910 did the filling set the way it was supposed to? I think you did an amazing job for your first time making it!

Diane Lane, Dec 29, 2015
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question