Lemon Raspberry Cake

Reaction score
I wonder if this cake tastes as good as it looks? I got to try to make it next year! In the place where I'll be living it's very easy to find all sorts of berries :) I'd do less layers tho. What do you gals think of this cake?

proxy

http://kitchentrialanderror.blogspot.mx/2014/03/secret-recipe-club-meyer-lemon-iced.html

Reaction score
Looks delicious - I love Lemon and Blueberry cakes or muffins, so I'm sure Lemon and Raspberry would be amazing too. Something about that tart, zingy flavor of the lemon mixed with any sort of berries is just great. It also looks like a lovely moist cake too, judging by the picture, and that's one of the things that determines whether I'll try a cake recipe or not!

Reaction score
Good, you made my mouth water!!!!!! I've always wanted to try that combo of black berries and lemon, I totally love the flavor of lemon in baked goods! If you ever try this let me know, I love it when cakes are moist enough! Lately I've been really getting into fudgy cakes! Love those too.

Reaction score
Mmm, that looks declicious @Trellum. In the old days, I'd have made all the layers, but like you, I might cut back a little. I'm sure the flavor would be the same, and as @cupcakechef mentioned, the combination of lemon and berries is so tasty. I'm also a fan of blueberry and lemon, and raspberry is one of my favorite flavors, so this recipe looks like a keeper. Moistness is so very important. There's nothing worse than getting your hopes up for a yummy dessert, and then it's dry and inedible.

Reaction score
Lemon and raspberry are a very good flavor combination. I bet it does taste as good as it looks. I love how the raspberries are swirling in the cake rather than mixed in evenly. That way every bite won't be identical.

Reaction score
Same here @DancingLady It makes the cake looks so delicious and moist! I love it when cakes end up like that, very moist!! I wonder if there is some sort of special trick to always get a moist cake?

Reaction score
Mmm, that looks declicious @Trellum. In the old days, I'd have made all the layers, but like you, I might cut back a little. I'm sure the flavor would be the same, and as @cupcakechef mentioned, the combination of lemon and berries is so tasty. I'm also a fan of blueberry and lemon, and raspberry is one of my favorite flavors, so this recipe looks like a keeper. Moistness is so very important. There's nothing worse than getting your hopes up for a yummy dessert, and then it's dry and inedible.

Yeah, I don't think the number of layers matter that much =D I love blueberry and lemon as well, we have made muffins using that mix and wow! I wonder if there i a sure way to always get a moist cake? I heard some people use mayo instead of oil, but I have no idea how much mayo would be needed? They say the cake doesn't taste like mayo at all. I guess the mayo replaces not only the oil, but also the eggs.

Reaction score
Yeah, I don't think the number of layers matter that much =D I love blueberry and lemon as well, we have made muffins using that mix and wow! I wonder if there i a sure way to always get a moist cake? I heard some people use mayo instead of oil, but I have no idea how much mayo would be needed? They say the cake doesn't taste like mayo at all. I guess the mayo replaces not only the oil, but also the eggs.

I just found this:
Mayonnaise as a replacement for oil and eggs in a cake mix
You can substitute the oil and eggs called for in a cake mix by following the directions below: Omit eggs and oil and use ONLY the same amount of Mayonnaise as oil called for in the cake mix directions. You may need to adjust the amount of water. Start by addiing a small amount of water and add more as needed to achieve a cake batter consistency, but do NOT exceed the amount called for in the directions.

at this link: https://www.duncanhines.com/baking-...a-replacement-for-oil-and-eggs-in-a-cake-mix/ Even though it says cake mix, I think that's just because it's a Duncan Hines site, and of course they want you to use their mixes ;), as opposed to baking from scratch.

Reaction score
@Diane Lane Omg, thanks a lot!!! If they say it, then it must work wonderfully, that is my favorite brand of boxed cakes I use when in a hurry, just some weeks ago I tried their brownie mix and it was to die for. They make great products, thanks for sharing!

Reaction score
@Diane Lane Omg, thanks a lot!!! If they say it, then it must work wonderfully, that is my favorite brand of boxed cakes I use when in a hurry, just some weeks ago I tried their brownie mix and it was to die for. They make great products, thanks for sharing!

You're welcome! I don't use cake mixes much, but I always use their mixes for my chewy fudgy brownies, and they always come out fabulous. I've never found a recipe that compared, so I have settled on just using their mixes when i make brownies.

Reaction score
You're welcome! I don't use cake mixes much, but I always use their mixes for my chewy fudgy brownies, and they always come out fabulous. I've never found a recipe that compared, so I have settled on just using their mixes when i make brownies.

I only user their mixes when in a real hurry, I love them! I specially love their brownies!!!! Best chewy fudgy brownies ever! They are a little too sweet, but they are indeed the best ones I have eaten =D

Ask a Question