Lemon Squares

Reaction score
for my next adventure using Lemons,i'm thinking of making Lemon Squares or Bars,I thought this recipe looked really good

http://veronicascornucopia.com/2010/04/16/lemon-squares/

if you have made them before, share your recipe and what worked best for you,please

it does look like a flat piece of lemon pie to me :)

Attachments

• lemon-bars-4-3-10.jpg
    lemon-bars-4-3-10.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 450
Reaction score
My mom used to make awesome lemon bars for us when we were younger but I have never made them myself - crazy, right? I'll have to ask her for the recipe. I'm imagining it's pretty similar to the one you shared, because they looked basically identical to the picture on the link! I love citrusy sweets so this is right up my alley.

Reaction score
Whenever I am going to our favorite bakeshop Lemon Squares are one of my favorite thing to buy to bring home for my mom because this is her favorite. This kind of pastry bars is one thing I would like to know how to bake but unfortunately I do not have the right recipe and I want it would come from a reliable and actual source that is already been tested and that taste good too.

Reaction score
My mom used to make awesome lemon bars for us when we were younger but I have never made them myself - crazy, right? I'll have to ask her for the recipe. I'm imagining it's pretty similar to the one you shared, because they looked basically identical to the picture on the link! I love citrusy sweets so this is right up my alley.

mom's know best,get her to share her recipe,I have never had these,is it about the same as lemon pie filling ? I do have to say,that they look great

Reaction score
mom's know best,get her to share her recipe,I have never had these,is it about the same as lemon pie filling ? I do have to say,that they look great

I would call the consistency of the filling similar to custard/pudding in terms of thickness. I'll get the recipe to you soon! I'm seeing my mom this weekend so I'll get her to copy it down for me.

Reaction score
My ex mother in law used to make the most delicious lemon bars. A shortbread crust (a bit thicker than the one shown in your recipe) with a lemon filling sprinkled with powdered sugar. In fact, they were one of my ex husbands favorite desserts. The filling was not overly tart and the sprinkling of powdered sugar was just right. I made them on occasion for him, but they were just never as good as hers.

Ask a Question