Let me brag...mothers day maybe?

Reaction score
I saw this cake on my mothers pintrest and had to make it. I made it for my sons birthday. I will post the original pic and my own. I only wish I had chose a better plate and a smaller ribbon!
9ab369b027dce8d944b49b824291b233.jpg

Mine:
547499_4774077798955_677044043_n.jpg

Reaction score
Such a wonderful cake, it is so neatly done that I already feel hungry :) Please do share the step by step recipe. I will love learning it!

Reaction score
That is adorable! I have seen it on Pinterest but haven't had the chance to make it. Any suggestions or tips on how you did it? What was the hardest part about making this?

Reaction score
That looks incredible! I'm really bad at sculpting things out of icing/marzipan, there's no way mine would look that good!

Reaction score
That really looks like it is very tasty and my favorite chocolate. How long did it take to make! Could you share the recipe with us here so that we can give it a try, my family would love it and it so pretty the way its decorated.

Reaction score
O gosh, I wrote the whole recipe yesterday with link! I guess I will relink it here, "Pigs in the Mud Cake" It was translated from a foreign language, dutch I think. I used one and a half nine inch baking rounds and had to use three large bars of chocolate for the mud part. I also did not use whipped cream but whipping cream.

Reaction score
That's amazing I've never seen anything like it but that wouldn't stop me from eating the whole thing, but keep up the great work.:)

Reaction score
I wanted to add that between the layers I put my famous chocolate buttercream frosting. I would post the recipe but it is just cream, butter, vanilla, cocoa and confectioners sugar added to taste. When it is perfect, I am done :)

Reaction score
I just find it so lovely that if someone gives me that kind of cake, I will definitely have second thoughts of eating it! i mean, is it not so adorable? I find the concept really unique. I have not seen a cake that has a "pig in the mud" concept. Very creative, indeed! And it really looks so polished. I love everything about it!

Reaction score
I remember that cake from Pinterest. You did a great job replicating it.
I'm not good at sculpting things but I think I'll still make a chocolate cake surrounded by Kit Kat bars one of these days. Maybe I'll put other candies on the top.

Ask a Question