Lime-in-the-Coconut Macaroons

Reaction score
From Epicurious:

• 2 large egg whites
  • 1/4 cup sugar
  • 1 tablespoon finely grated lime zest
  • 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
  • 7 ounces unsweetened coconut shavings (about 4 cups)

• Ingredient info: Coconut shavings (also called coconut chips) are available at many natural foods stores and some supermarkets.
Place racks in upper and lower thirds of oven; preheat to 325°F. Whisk egg whites and sugar in a large bowl just until frothy. Whisk in lime zest and salt. Add coconut and fold to coat.

Drop heaping tablespoonfuls of coconut mixture onto 2 parchment paper-lined rimmed baking sheets. Bake, rotating pans halfway through from top to bottom and back to front, until golden brown, 18-22 minutes. Let cool on baking sheets. DO AHEAD: Macaroons can be made 1 day ahead. Store airtight at room temperature.

Reaction score
This sounds like a good recipe to try. `Can you use lime juice in place of the grated lime zest, just wondering if it would still come out right if you were to use the lime juice instead.

Reaction score
This sounds simple too! I love the taste of lime mixed with coconut, I'll check this recipe out.

Reaction score
Mmmmm I love coconut macaroons, this sounds gorgeous! Only problem is that I can't resist them when they are hot so they don't last long! ;)

Ask a Question