Long narrow baking pan

Reaction score
I'm helping my daughter in her cafe. We want to add apple pie, but our dessert containers are square. A wedge of pie looks rather forced into it. I'm looking for a pan that is long & narrow with shorter sides than a loaf pan. I'm thinking the measurements should be around 6.5"x 16" so that the "pie" can be cut in half lengthwise, then into even portions across. I'd like each piece to have an edge of crust, otherwise, I'd use a wider pan and have a strip of edgeless pieces down the middle. Can anyone help me know what kind of pan this would be or what a source is for such a pan? Thank you!

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum Nama10! :) Where abouts in the world are you?

Reaction score
Hmm, the closest thing I can think of are tart pans, which isn't quite what you're looking for, but might work:

http://www.williams-sonoma.com/products/rectangular-tart-pan/

img42c.jpg

Fancy-Piled-High-Chocolate-Pecan-Pie-2.jpg

Alternatively, you might consider using round or rectangle mini-pans that are more like individual servings. It's a bit more work, but then it would be like your own personalized pie every time everyone orders one, and it would make the box thing less of an issue.

Ask a Question