Looking for 2 Cookie Recipes

Discussion in 'Cookies' started by cycler, Jun 28, 2019.

1. cycler

cycler New Member

Hi -
    I am looking for 2 recipes.
    The first was in Good Housekeeping earlier in the year - it was a chocolate cookie that was decorated. I looked on the site and it isn't there and I didn't save it from the magazine. I wrote to them but they never responded. If anyone has the magazine I'd love the recipe.

The second is a bakery cookie that is sold in New York. It is a big and thick cookie that looks as though it is a giant crumb and has dark chocolate the size and shape of a quarter on the top. It isn't really a shortbread but that is what it's closest to. It's also non-dairy because it's sold in kosher bakeries as pareve.
    If anyone knows what it is and has an idea for a recipe it'd be appreciated.

Thank you.

cycler, Jun 28, 2019
    1. Advertisements

2. cycler

Norcalbaker59 Well-Known Member

A chocolate decorated cookie is petty vague, can you be more specific as to the shapes and decorations?

The cookie you describe from the kosher bakery isn’t a traditional Jewish cookie. There’s a very small number of traditional Jewish and middle eastern cookies. Then there are the “deli cookies” that are versions of America and European cookies made kosher.

Norcalbaker59, Jun 30, 2019
    1. Advertisements

3. cycler

cycler New Member

Thank you for responding. It was the only chocolate cookie in any of the issues from January to March and it had a frosting type decoration on it - it was not frosted.
    I know what the second cookie is - I mentioned that I had it from a Jewish bakery but I am looking for a recipe for it.

cycler, Jul 2, 2019
  4. cycler

Was it online or in their actual printed magazine?

Norcalbaker59, Jul 2, 2019
  5. cycler

cycler New Member

It was in the printed magazine. I looked on the site but there is nothing there. I hoped someone had a copy of the magazine. I wrote to them but they didn't respond.

cycler, Jul 2, 2019
  6. cycler

Yes unfortunately it would not be online if it was in the printed magazine.

Norcalbaker59, Jul 2, 2019
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question