Shortbread Cheesecake Crust Recipe with Metric Measurements

Reaction score
I am looking for a shortbread crust recipe for a springform pan made from scratch that uses metric measurements (i.e. grams); a recipe that uses weight measurements (i.e. ounces) is fine too. I hate using customary measurements, I don't think they're accurate. The size of the springform pan being used would be 9" or 10".

I don't like to cheesecake recipes that use graham cracker/biscuit crumbs for for base, because these crusts always fall apart.

I cannot find a recipe online for a cheesecake crust for a springform pan that uses metric or weight measurements; everything is in customary measurements. It's either that or I cannot find a shortbread crust from scratch that is for a springform pan.

Reaction score
I am looking for a shortbread crust recipe for a springform pan made from scratch that uses metric measurements (i.e. grams); a recipe that uses weight measurements (i.e. ounces) is fine too. I hate using customary measurements, I don't think they're accurate. The size of the springform pan being used would be 9" or 10".

I don't like to cheesecake recipes that use graham cracker/biscuit crumbs for for base, because these crusts always fall apart.

I cannot find a recipe online for a cheesecake crust for a springform pan that uses metric or weight measurements; everything is in customary measurements. It's either that or I cannot find a shortbread crust from scratch that is for a springform pan.

When you state “from scratch”, I assume you do not want a crust made with purchased shortbread cookie crumbs. Rather, you want a shortbread dough from scratch.

For actual shortbread, you can develop your own recipe using standard shortbread ratios. Depending on how buttery you like your crust, you can increase the butter up to an additional 10%.

Flour: 100%
Butter: 66%
Sugar: 33%
Salt: 1%

Use 15g to 20g flour per 1” of pie plate or springform pan depending on how thick and how high up you want the crust up the sides of the pan.

Example 9” pan using 15g flour per 1” of pan
15g flour x 9” pan = 135g flour
135g flour x .66 butter = 89.1 g butter
135g flour x .33 sugar = 44.55g sugar
135g flour x .01 = 1.35g salt

So the ingredients would be:
135g flour
89g butter
44g sugar
1g salt

Note: to flavor shortbread, add vanilla and/or almond extract. Add citrus zest if desired

############

Pate sucree
Adapted from Fine Cooking
Generous amount for a 9” standard pie plate
  • 255g (9 oz) bleached all purpose flour or blend of 50% all purpose and pastry flour
  • 1 tsp. Diamond brand kosher salt; little less if using table salt or other kosher salt
  • 198g (7 oz) unsalted butter, cut into 1-inch pieces chilled only if using a food processor
  • 25g (2 Tbsp) granulated sugar
  • 53g (1 large egg) lightly beaten
  • 1 Tbsp chilled heavy cream
  • 2 tsp. fresh lemon juice
Food processor: use chilled butter. Combine all ingredients in food processor and pulse until the dough starts gathering together in big clumps. Turn the dough out onto a counter and gather it together. Shape the dough as directed in the recipe you’re making.

Stand mixer: use soften butter. Sift flour and salt set aside. In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream the butter and sugar on med-high speed about 4 minutes, stopping midway to scrape down the sides, bottom and paddle. Add the egg, cream, and lemon juice and beat until just incorporated. Scrape sides and bottom one last time, then give a final 20 seconds mix on med-high speed.

Ask a Question