Looking for a Vintage Pastry Cloth with Suction Cups

Reaction score
I have been looking high and low for a pastry cloth. My mother got it from her mother so it might have been made around the 40s. My mom has used this canvas mat religiously and just loves it. She told me the other day that it has begun to be too worn to actually use anymore and was going to have to retire it which she was really disappointed about. It was made out of a sturdy feeling canvas and on the underside of each corner is a grommet that you can pop suction cups in to keep it from moving around. Does anyone know where I can find one like this, new, used, vintage, whatever is fine just would really ove to find something similar with the suction cups on it. I would appreciate any help or any pointer in the correct direction.

Reaction score
I have been looking high and low for a pastry cloth. My mother got it from her mother so it might have been made around the 40s. My mom has used this canvas mat religiously and just loves it. She told me the other day that it has begun to be too worn to actually use anymore and was going to have to retire it which she was really disappointed about. It was made out of a sturdy feeling canvas and on the underside of each corner is a grommet that you can pop suction cups in to keep it from moving around. Does anyone know where I can find one like this, new, used, vintage, whatever is fine just would really ove to find something similar with the suction cups on it. I would appreciate any help or any pointer in the correct direction.

The only high-quality baker’s cloth you will find is a baker’s couche. These are professional cloths used to shape dough, particularly baguettes. Normally they’re not used for rich doughs since these are not washed. they are made of a high-quality linen. Washing will cause the fabric to stiffin significantly and ruin it.

This is a finished edge couche.

This is cut from a bolt of fabric. You could take it to a seamstress and have the edges seamed and grommets added.

alternatively, you can simply purchase a cotton pastry cloth and add grommets if you want a cloth that is machine washable.

Reaction score
amazon has pages of them.

Ask a Question