Looking for Traditional Bakeries near Bloomington, Indiana

Reaction score
hello all! My names Saxon and I am currently a culinary student majoring in bread baking and pastry arts. I was wondering if anyone here could help me.

I'm trying to find traditional and or scratch bakeries. Preferably they would be in Bloomington Indiana or in a 35 minute driving radius of Bloomington. I'm having a hard time locating traditional bakeries, and as that is what I plan to do, I would like to get my foot in the door with some things places.

I don't know if I'm searching the wrong things or what but I'm having not a whole lot f luck finding anything. I also am aware that personal experience can lead to the greatest finds. So if anyone knows any gems in and around the area, please drop their name!

Thank you all so much and I'm glad to be a part of this forum!

Reaction score
Yeah, all I found were pie and cake bakeries online, for that area.

You might go to one of the local bakeries thats been there a few years and ask them if they know of any scratch bread bakeries in the area.

Ask a Question