Looking forward to all the tips and tricks!

Reaction score
Hi Everyone!

New member here, found this forum because the baking threads on Reddit are too large, and I feel my posts can get lost quickly.

Just posted in Disaster Help on here, I’m trying out bread... and Not having the best results.

Im from Southern California, and love to travel, bake, read, and go to theme parks!

Hope everyone is staying happy, healthy, and safe!!

-Samantha

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum Samantha. Baking is a journey. I’ve been baking 20 yrs now and I still have my kitchen disasters. I used to live in SoCal—Laguna Niguel. I’m suppose to go there in June, that is if we ever get out of lockdown!!!

This forum is pretty quiet compared to Reddit. But I hear ya Reddit. If you post there, it’s lost in 5 minutes.

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum Samantha. Baking is a journey. I’ve been baking 20 yrs now and I still have my kitchen disasters. I used to live in SoCal—Laguna Niguel. I’m suppose to go there in June, that is if we ever get out of lockdown!!!

This forum is pretty quiet compared to Reddit. But I hear ya Reddit. If you post there, it’s lost in 5 minutes.

Thanks for the welcome! I was born in Fremont, Ca, moved just outside of King’s Canyon National Park as a kid and then made my way down to Southern California, so I’ve been all over Ca!

Hopefully you are able to make it back down here, the weather has been really amazing, and the OC and San Diego beaches have been lit up at night by the bioluminescent! Hopefully they are still active in June!

A quiet forum with even 1 or 2 replies is much better than a huge forum with no replies, so I’m okay with that! :)

Reaction score
Hahaha you’re like me, been up and down the state too. I live in the Napa wine country down. I grew up here. Left for the City as soon as I could. Then moved to the East Coast, then Texas, then SoCal. Then back to wine country. But I miss SoCal. The beaches and hiking trails. The first time I saw any bioluminescent I canoeing in at night in Newport Beach. It wasn’t a lot, but just enough to give the water a slight glow. I hope it’s still glowing when I’m there in June. They just eased restrictions here a bit more today, so I am hopefully we will get out of lockdown.

Reaction score
Hello All,
I made my first post a little while ago. This one is to ask if the Forum is USA based? I am a Brit here in London. I have visited the USA a number of times over the years and have always had a great time. My last visit, in 2018, included 2.5 weeks travelling about SoCal from a base at Torrence followed by Nashville, Memphis, Tupelo and New Orleans and finally NY City. A great six weeks holiday only possible in retirement.
Previous visits have been of "regulation length"

Anyway, looks like a great forum.

Best wishes to all from SW London

Reaction score
Hello All,
I made my first post a little while ago. This one is to ask if the Forum is USA based? I am a Brit here in London. I have visited the USA a number of times over the years and have always had a great time. My last visit, in 2018, included 2.5 weeks travelling about SoCal from a base at Torrence followed by Nashville, Memphis, Tupelo and New Orleans and finally NY City. A great six weeks holiday only possible in retirement.
Previous visits have been of "regulation length"

Anyway, looks like a great forum.

Best wishes to all from SW London

Hello and welcome to the forum. Actually this forum is based out of the UK. A young woman named Becky started it. It was pretty active for a few years. It’s gotten a bit slow of late. Becky is no longer active on the forum. She and her husband, Ian, separated last year. But Ian has been kind enough to keep the forum up and running.

Ask a Question