Looking to start my first bakery!

Reaction score
Hi!!! My name is Tammy and I've been baking since I was 4 and decorating since I was 17. I just recently started looking into starting up my own bakery as my town doesn't have one besides a small grocery store that is closing down.

I have so many questions.....is it better to ask them one on each thread so it doesn't get confusing and more helpful for other people looking for the same info? Or load them all up onto one thread so they don't take up a ton of space?

Thank you!!!

Reaction score
Hi!!! My name is Tammy and I've been baking since I was 4 and decorating since I was 17. I just recently started looking into starting up my own bakery as my town doesn't have one besides a small grocery store that is closing down.

I have so many questions.....is it better to ask them one on each thread so it doesn't get confusing and more helpful for other people looking for the same info? Or load them all up onto one thread so they don't take up a ton of space?

Thank you!!!

Hello Tammy and welcome to the forum. You can post all your questions under one thread; it will be easier to read and respond.

Reaction score

Thank you!!!
how exciting! years ago my husband told me i should do that he thought ,my breads where great. but its a tremendous amount of work i wasn't quite up; for going pro and there's so much more than just being a good baker involved. businesswoman/man stuff hiring, staffing etc......management. would love to hear all about your journey!

Reaction score
how exciting! years ago my husband told me i should do that he thought ,my breads where great. but its a tremendous amount of work i wasn't quite up; for going pro and there's so much more than just being a good baker involved. businesswoman/man stuff hiring, staffing etc......management. would love to hear all about your journey!

Yes!!! There is a lot more!! I took a crash course in small business that was offered through my local college and it was a huge eye opener!!! It was so helpful and now I have a team of people to help out a bit!! It was a 3 day class for $125!! Well worth it! I'll be posting more questions and seeing if I can get some info on what others have done as well as putting out there what I'm learning!! Thank you!!

Ask a Question