Love/Hate relationship recipe

Reaction score
There are some recipes out there that are simple and quick to make and then there are the ones that are an absolute pain to make.

The recipe for me would be making french bread. I love french bread but making it is a pain to me. It's not hard to make but I hate having to wait for the dough to rest. You have to first let it double in size and then you have to punch it down and wait for it to rest again. I am a somewhat impatient person so all of this waiting make this the recipe that I have a love hate relationship with.

What about you? What baking recipe do you love to eat but hate to make?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Sugar cream pie is my beloved love/hate recipe to bake! Sometimes I can make this with no problems but then there are times when this pie doesn't come ou right. I'm glad I only make this pie a couple times a year.

Reaction score
Sponge cake. Oh, sponge cake, my lasting enemy. I do everything in the recipe, I put it in the oven, and it comes out as flat and as crunchy as a meringue. Sometimes, I really do despair.

Reaction score
Apple pie is mine. I love it so much but it is a pain to peel all of the apples, and then slice them, and then coat them, and then get them into the pie crust so that they look good, and then making the little ridges. I am a bit of a perfectionist when it comes to my food, so I try to make it look perfect and spend way too much time doing it.

Ask a Question