low calorie recipes please

Reaction score
Hi there bakers

So I baked some lovely cakes weeks back, a cake a week maybe two. I haven't baked in a while, I am on a healthy diet to loose just a few lbs.
I so miss baking and cakes and wondered if anyone had any low calorie delicious cake recipes then please share.

I didn't know the cakes I baked had calories like 400+ per serving!! Crikey

Reaction score
It depends both on your ingredients and the size of your portions. You can even have the most decadent of deserts if you plan for it and only have a little bit. I'm sort of on Weight Watchers and I have lost over 100 pounds and, so far, kept it off.
If you're using mixes, then you probably should stop. Most mixes contain junk and fats that really aren't necessary. Make your own from scratch, use real sugar and put a little less than the recipe calls for, put in some fruit and/or fruit juice into your cakes to jazz it up and to reduce the amount of calories per serving. Make your slices smaller and have an extra spoonful of veggies on the side.

Reaction score
Thanks for the tips vtec.
I bake from scratch I have never used those mixes. Yes I suppose a smaller piece of cake is better than none at all.
I so miss not having a lovely bit if cake with my tea. I was having wonderful success with all my bakes too and felt sad not to carry on.
Well done on the weight loss!!
I lost 3lbs last week and have about another 17 ish I would like to loose!

Reaction score
Hi,
I love to make yogurt cakes. Do some google searches for 'healthy yogurt cake' and low calorie yogurt cake' and you will find many to choose from. I would give you one of my own recipes, but I always end up going off-recipe and improvising. I love lemon and lemon with blueberries or raspberries. Yogurt cakes are easy and yummy!
Have fun experimenting.

Ask a Question