Mailing baked goods safely

Reaction score
A friend of mine pinned this to one of her Pinterest boards, and I thought it was timely given it's the holiday season.

http://divascancook.com/mailing-baked-goods-tips-for-a-smooth-delivery/

I know a lot of us bake for family and friends, and some of us may even mail stuff to our loved ones not living nearby, This was a good reminder of what to do (and what not to do) when it comes to sending baked goods via the postal service.

Reaction score
I also agree using a tin is a very good idea.

I would also suggest layering cookies, brownies, or any other "flat" kind of pastry in a tin or small box with wax paper and thin bubble wrap between layers.

Example:

Top of tin/box
-------------------------
Bubble wrap on top
Waxed Paper
Cookies/Baked goods
Waxed Paper
Bubble wrap
Waxed Paper
Cookies/Baked goods
Waxed Paper
Bubble wrap
Waxed Paper
Cookies/Baked goods
Waxed Paper
Bubble wrap on bottom of tin/box
------------------------
Bottom of tin/box

Don't pack it down inside the tin or box, but get it as packed as possible, so there is no room on top or bottom for "wiggle room". If you need to use another sheet or two of bubble wrap, then use that.

The bubble wrap will help keep goodies from banging against each other while travelling, and the waxed paper will help keep them dry or moist (depending on what they are) and from sticking to the bubble plastic.

Ask a Question