Make a praline using chocolate chip cookies?

Reaction score
Hi everyone! I'm looking for some help, as I had an idea...

I use praline regularly (using various nuts) in my bonbons but had an idea of making a milk 'n cookies bonbon - essentially making a chocolate chip cookie praline (possibly) with a layer of white chocolate ganache (milk). Any ideas how to go about doing this? I want the crunchy, sugary, nuttiness from a praline with the texture of a cookie. Help!

Reaction score
You have to keep in mind that praline is very sweet; the dough of a chocolate chip cookie is very sweet with equal weight of sugar to flour or slightly more sugar; milk chocolate chips weight is more than flour and milk chocolate chip is very sweet; white chocolate is cloyingly sweet, so a layer would be really overwhelming. There is so much sugar in this cookie it is going to be so cloyingly sweet, very people will be able to eat it.

That said, just make a nut packed New Orlean praline and chop. Add it when you add the chocolate chips. For the white chocolate ganache, I would drizzle some on top rather than dip the cookie to create a layer.

Reaction score
Thank you! I am making moulded chocolates in dark couverture, filled with a white chocolate ganache layer and wanted something that would replicate both a chocolate chip cookie and a praline layer. Yes it’s sweet, but hard to get away from in a bonbon. Sorry if I wasn’t more clear on my original post! Thank you for any info you might have!

Reaction score
Thank you! I am making moulded chocolates in dark couverture, filled with a white chocolate ganache layer and wanted something that would replicate both a chocolate chip cookie and a praline layer. Yes it’s sweet, but hard to get away from in a bonbon. Sorry if I wasn’t more clear on my original post! Thank you for any info you might have!

Oh my mistake I thought you were making bonbons and wanted to turn them into a cookie.

There’s a ton of recipes out there for chocolate chip cookie truffles. Just Google it. There’s several ways you can do a cookie dough truffle. Either use crunched cookies or make a faux cookie filling. Try several recipes and see what you prefer.

Then just chop up your praline and add it to the filling and change your coating to white chocolate.

Ask a Question