Making Bouchon cakes.

Reaction score
Hello I'm am new to this forum but I've always liked to bake sometimes although I enjoy cooking more. I had a question about making bouchon cakes.

So I have distant relatives in France and we used to exchange gifts for christmas. They would always send a package of bouchon which are chocolates that are filled with some type of liquor and shaped like a wine or champagne cork. They were amazing but they only sell this brand in a certain region of france . Anyways since they stopped sending them there is no way to find them. So I searched google and found a recipie for bouchon cakes which are like brownies that are shaped like corks but I want to add alcohol to the recipie but I'm not sure how much or what type to use I was thinking either gran Marnier or another type of french liqour. I need to make enough for about 8 people. Any ideas?

Thanks

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum! :)

If it were me, I'd drizzle a little alcohol on top once they are cooked - it will taste stronger than if you had baked it in, so you won't need much. Grand Marnier would work wonderfully!

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum! :)

If it were me, I'd drizzle a little alcohol on top once they are cooked - it will taste stronger than if you had baked it in, so you won't need much. Grand Marnier would work wonderfully!

I take it you mean to pour the alcohol on when they are warm?

Ask a Question