Making Croutons

Reaction score
What are the methods you use to make croutons? My mom used to make them all of the time and she would cut bread squares and then bake them in the oven plain. I am interested in flavoring mine before they go in the oven.

Reaction score
I use several different seasonings on mine. Sometimes I just use a dash of garlic on the bread squares and I have also used Italian seasoning. My family likes the garlic one the best but I try to mix it up from time to time. I excited to see what other ideas people have because I am always looking for a new flavor.

Reaction score
I love anything that is covered in garlic, but my fiance hates the stuff and refuses to eat food when he tastes the garlic. He is such a picky eater and it drives me crazy sometimes.

Reaction score
I love anything that is covered in garlic,

I am right there with you on that and so does my husband I will add. The thought of me making my own croutons is not that appealing to me. There are so easy to pick up in the supermarket. It's one of those things I would try just to say I have done it.

Reaction score
I do like garlic croutons, but if I am making a big batch, then I don't tend to season them, so then I can use them for other things. I like to add them to soups and my mother likes to eat them plain, so it's easier to do a small batch or garlic and chilli flavored ones for myself. I do like to make them myself as I make wholewheat ones and I like mine extra crispy and bigger for soups, unlike the shop bought ones.

Reaction score
The popcorn toppings that comes in the shakers like spices are great for making croutons. Just cut you breand in to squares and then toss in melted butter sprinke iwth the seasoning and bake until crisp.

Ask a Question